Car pictures

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

No worries Todd. I was just putting the info out there for everyone.

From my understanding with X-pipes and H-pipes is they're meant to balance the exhaust sytem. Dunno. I do have plans on putting an H-pipe on the '76 Camaro LT I have.

@Alex: Yep, pretty familiar with the various blower types, I have been running them for years :)
@Freakin': Turbos are great fun, and if you add two you get more power than a supercharger and almost no lag :) That said, over a typical turbo I prefer a blower for the low RPM torque. It just feels better to me for daily driving. Totally personal preference though!

FreakinReef:

Yes I too like turobos. I have plans on putting a turbo unit onto the wife's Dodge Neon someday, maybe. Easy as taking out the complete motor/turbo assembly from a PT Cruiser and swapping it in. Well okay not that easy, but pretty close. :D

Yeah, they work and sound nice. Helps keep everything flowing smooth. I have not noticed a big difference on the dyno between the two, but it is said that the x-pipes help more.

That would make sense considering an X-Pipe the flow is going to go more to the other side versus an H-pipe the flow may go to the other side. I really need to go over to the Carb Connection in Kirkland on of these days. They have a great dyno and I almost always hear a viper or some race car going up the hill by my dealership. Wide open throttle on a Viper or Vette just simply sounds AWESOME> :D

Well from what I have read so far on superchargers and turbo chargers, I am leaning towards the twin screw supercharger. Oh, gotta go. I'll be back later.

No worries Todd. I was just putting the info out there for everyone.

From my understanding with X-pipes and H-pipes is they're meant to balance the exhaust sytem. Dunno. I do have plans on putting an H-pipe on the '76 Camaro LT I have.

That's exactly right. Simply balancing the exhaust back pressure...X pipes are the new hype. I really shouldn't say "new" since people have been doing them for a long time, but just newer than an H design. X just offers less resistance.

@NWDiver: I totally agree...all preference. I think if I was standing in front of my car with money in hand..I would probably go supercharger simply because of the sound. BUT that's only because I am driving V8's. V6 or less I would go turbo no matter what.

@Alex: Oh yeah! Gotta love the sound! I can't quite make myself drive a corvette no matter how great a car they are, but the viper... I wanted one soooo bad! I have to have a vert, so I test drove a few SRT-10s. Not a daily driver :) I really liked it though. If only I had the cash to leave it in the garage and only take it out when I wanted to DRIVE...

@Freakin': I couldn't agree more. V8 or bigger for SC. Turbo's are a blast as well, you have to be a better driver to keep it in band though, that is probably why I like SC lol...

WOW 9 pages already?

never thought this would take off like this' but then agian we are talking about cars ha

FreakinReef:

Yes I too like turobos. I have plans on putting a turbo unit onto the wife's Dodge Neon someday, maybe. Easy as taking out the complete motor/turbo assembly from a PT Cruiser and swapping it in. Well okay not that easy, but pretty close. :D

why not just trade it in for a srt-4

im going with a single 3" exhaust on my car in october from the turbo back. any one now of someone who can do that? pm me i need to gather some quotes

The funny thing is that since we have been talking about cars, I now have started working on my engine project in my Cougar...all because of this thread. I just contacted Blood Enterprises in Auburn(if you are a car guy and don't know these guys...you have yet to truly see clearly) and am starting a new build with them. 351w stroked out to 400(398+) and should be in the 535hp range:rockon:. I gotta say though, this is a more expensive hobby than reefing...at times at least.

fjstream2.jpg

What's your breakover angle? Oh wait a minute, It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. :D
j/king

Here's a few from the trails.

OnlyinaJeep.jpg

ScottHoranJeep.jpg

JeepFun.jpg

Back