Carbon Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i filled two media cartrides up w/ carbon..here are the cartridges..i am running carbon in a 72g..i only plan on leaving it for about a week..

Yeah, they are from the Emperor filters. The work nicely:)

I gotta go - take off my socks and change carbon! What about the bubble diffuser sponge on the skimmer? Its hangon right now and if I don't use something, my water is practically white!

BJ

ROFL!! Had the carbon in a long time huh?:p Don't feel bad...I use to rinse out my carbon bag everyweek and reuse it for about a year until the bag tore:lol: Then I learned that the stuff needed to be changed:oops: About your skimmer, the prefilter sponge is there to prevent a lot of microbubbles, that I'd leave, but rinse it out every 2-3days :)

maybe i can take a trip down that way next summer when i am bored:lol: i have some :eek: freakishly huge buddies:eek: that are in Miami...

Yeah man...You'd have a blast and I can teach you how to catch all types of fish and you can be promoted to Tang Sheriff!:D

me too...i could go work on the snorkel tours for fun and take tourists somewhere they could go on their own:badgrin:

Maybe a little more than a week. I'll never tell. But, I will start changing. Do you think one cannister would be okay. My tanks 75 gal. I'm gonna take out the crushed coral and I'm seriously thinking about dsb in the refugium when I do my sump. But I would like to change only one magnum if I have to do it weekly. What say you?

it's just a funny saying..everytime you see someone w/ a tang in conditions less than they should have, somebody will chime in and gripe about it:mad: ..we call them the tang police.....i love tangs..they are my favorite, so i figured i should be one of the tang police:D

i have heard that for a while, i just never bothered with it...i didn't really care about having some nitrates..i want them as low as possible now

i don't use filters in it anymore..i will just vacuum lightly on the bottom....i just started using carbon in it...

really i have heard a few people doing that.. i havent had any problems with the water quality.

Your tank is still relatively young so you won't notice anything just yet (if you run one) Eventually they will start producing nitrates because that is their end product (nitrates) They have no way of performing denitrification...:)

Back