Carlos 60 gallon new tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Lost a cleaner shrimp today Carlos, I think he played with the suction inlet for the CL, which normally he would walk across but I think he was trying to hang out on it. :( This is the second loss I had with my new tank & both because of the CL suction!
Point, well I hate to say It happens, I really hope you can get your fish better!

Oops it appears that my dead crab was not dead but he molted instead. This morning it was on top of a rock looking great.

Seriously it looked like a dead crab to me... :rolleyes:

I took a picture of my tank last night. The hair algae finally went away. Coraline is growing like crazy all over the rock. Also the cleaning crew have done a great job eating the algae. Actually I am planing on taking out a few of the Emerald crabs as well as the Sally Lightfood that I thought was dead because there is not much food left. On the left side of the tank you can see my dead cleaner clam which was a victim of my Nasssrius snails (those things are real predators).

newqa9.jpg

Last edited:
As I mentioned recently the hair algae in the tank is pretty much all gone and now the crabs and snails are turning against each other so I was wondering what can I find them with?

I'm thinking on adding more flow to my tank and I just saw these new Hydor Kolaria pumps online. Right now I have my return pump which is close to 600gph and 2 maxijets 900.

Which ones to do you think I should get?

I'm thinking on adding more flow to my tank and I just saw these new Hydor Kolaria pumps online. Right now I have my return pump which is close to 600gph and 2 maxijets 900.

Which ones to do you think I should get?

Can't speak for the Koralia's because I've never used them, but you can't go with with the Tunze streams!! They have the nano versions now, but the big boys will rock your tank! I ran two of them in my 75gal and the flow was great! I had one that produced 1600 gph and one that produced 1850 gph! Other than that, the Seio's are nice as well. They have them from 620 gph up to 2600 gph and are a lot cheaper in price than the Tunze, but still really great quality and have a nice broad flow pattern just like the tunzes:D

ummm I was just wondering if it would crazy to add some corals to my tank since I will have to wait probably a couple of months to have the percs back in the main tank.

what do you say?

Honestly I don't know. Where do you think I should start?

hmm check around to see if you like softies, lps or sps .
i'd say go with something in between (if you can call it that :p) like frogspawn or if you feel you're not ready for that, i'd do some zoos :)

Thanks for your response. I really like SPS but I'm not ready yet, don't really care for softies but LPS look pretty good so I guess that's the way to go.

I like your idea of getting some zoos.

Any other suggestions?

you could go with a hammer head coral or frog spawn, xenia, rics. I think these are some of the easy ones you could get. Just my 2 cents worth. Your tank looks very nice...

Carlos starting off on easy corals & working your way to SPS is usually a good Idea but I don't like mixing, be cautious of what you get & research what they are compatible with.

Back