Caught my first fish for my tank today!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I went out today for an hour again, but where my friend wanted to
go sucked bigtime! I did catch a crawfish about 4 inches long (total)
but released him because I figured he'd only screw around with my
fish and I wasn't in the mood for going to jail this week(LOL).
The only thing worth wild me getting was a little lunare wrasse.
(atleast that is what I think he is because I know they change colors
over time) I've been poking around in my sand trying to find him to get
a picture, but he doesn't stay out for long. I brought him home to keep
my frenchies company, but everytime he goes to play, the wrasse
hides(LOL) I guess he'll get use soon. Here are the only shots I was
able to take of him. I'll take more when he get use and is swimming
around.

Thanks Gabby. It doesn't really feel like I have him though because he stays in the sand, but I guess in do time he will come out. We even saw a baby nurse shark about 24 inches long in less than 3 feet of water tucked up under a rock ledge. I think my wife wants to spend the day at the beach tomorrow which is good because I can snorkel all day and not worry about her being bored at home. I'll take the camera and take some pictures if I go.

So that makes one wrasse, and some of those small dusters... Kinda short list... I better work on that.

So that makes one wrasse, and some of those small dusters... Kinda short list... I better work on that.

LOL...Speaking of dusters, I saw one today and couldn't believe they got that big! I rather them tiny like my cousins though.

Hold the phone!...I missed this thread before.....Krish that is totally cool. It must be awesome to catch your own stock like that. I think I'll try that......I'm gonna head down to the DesMoines (WA) marina and catch me some dogfish, flounder and a couple a sea bass for my tank...... :lol:

Hold the phone!...I missed this thread before.....Krish that is totally cool. It must be awesome to catch your own stock like that. I think I'll try that......I'm gonna head down to the DesMoines (WA) marina and catch me some dogfish, flounder and a couple a sea bass for my tank......

lol in that case i'll go with you then i'm sure we'll catch something kewl :lol:

snobanker said:
Hold the phone!...I missed this thread before.....Krish that is totally cool. It must be awesome to catch your own stock like that. I think I'll try that......I'm gonna head down to the DesMoines (WA) marina and catch me some dogfish, flounder and a couple a sea bass for my tank...... :lol:
Hey Stan,
You won't need any moon lighting for the tank as your fish will "GLOW" comming out of the Duwamish......:rolleyes:. Better get your Salifert PCB test kit also.:eek:
Scott

Nice Fish Krish! Thanks for posting this stuff, its much easier to learn something, when its from people that are excited and speak english :D ( I mean not scientific gargin)

Nice Fish Krish! Thanks for posting this stuff, its much easier to learn something, when its from people that are excited and speak english ( I mean not scientific gargin)

you know Detri at first i was like hey !! what does that suppose to mean :p lol !! but true sometimes i'm like aahh... can you repeat that again because i just have no clue on what you just said and more when people abreviate things in here, now that's when i get even more confused, i already have trouble with the language and on top of that i have to guess :D, no joke sometimes i feel like Tarzan :D :oops:

LOL...Well, I went and looked in the tank this morning to see if the wrasse came out yet and he is still under the sand because I can see his fin if I look up under the stand. The lights aren't on yet and don't turn on until 12:00 pm so we'll see what happens then. Hopefully, he had a late night out on the Town with the frenchie and is hung over and sleeping in.(LOL) If he doesn't come out eventually, I'm throwing him back because I'm not going to let a fish poop in my tank and mess up things and not be able to enjoy watching him swim around...He could go poop in the Ocean where the filtration is better!(LOL)

No beach anymore today. We decided to go tomorrow instead. Here are 2 pictures of my French angel eating some nori...Just a little treat I give him sometimes.

The wrasse is gone. I got rid of him today because he stayed under the sand too much and I was afraid that if he died by some chance and I didn't know, then it may cause some issues in the tank. Hopefully if the weather is good tomorrow, I can replace him with something else.

ohh dood that was an awesome wrasse :( .
I love your fish with his toy or whatever is.. just remember is not a dog hehe

ohh dood that was an awesome wrasse .
I love your fish with his toy or whatever is.. just remember is not a dog hehe

You never heard the saying, "There's other fish in the sea?" They are talking about real fish you know, but people twisted it to make you think it means there is someone else out there for you if you just lost a boyfriend or girlfriend.(LOL)

You want to hear something funny about that fish...It took him almost a week to actually eat from that clip! I had to keep throwing away the nory because all he wanted to do is play with the plastic crab! :shock:

Back