Caught my first fish for my tank today!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hehe, nope since we have 4 families to go see. My wife and I both have divorced and remarried parents. To much traveling. So they switch Thanks giving and Christmas. So we don't have to go to both sides of the family for both holidays and gain 500 lbs. This year we had Beef Tenderloin and Ham. Christmas this year will be Turkey time. Oh and football :)

lol !! well the way i see it you are lucky.
you get double turkey, double stuffing and double dessert :D hehe.
my husband and i are planning on having ham for Thanks Giving too and turkey for Christmas ohh and FOOTBALL!!! YEAH !! there's nothing like watching some nice football game with some turkey and beer :).

My wife and I both have divorced and remarried parents

Was that planned Detri to get more turkey?(LOL). Thanks for the replies everyone! You know this thread has a secret prize...Anyone who posts here, gets to pick a fish they want me to catch for them and I will go out and catch it for you and put it in my tank just to rub it in!!!(LOL) Just kidding...I'm not that bad.

Well it would be lucky if evryone lived in the same town or something. Everyone is between a 1 hour drive and 3 hour drive from here and they are all a minimum of an hour from eachother. Makes for a long day!

well then think of it as a nice trip :D .
I mean i do hate it when its a long drive, but there's always gameboy or movies and tons of snacks hehe

just a thought ...

Once your "imported" fish come in, it would probably be a good idea to not return your local fish back to the wild where you caught them. Otherwise, you could end up introducing a "foreign" pathogen into your local reefs.

Very true Don and a very good point. The thing about importing fish is, the reason why it is illegal here is partly for the same thing you are talking about. Another is, you may bring in a species like say clowns, which is not common in our waters and I guess it is for a reason. You may introduce a species into our waters that may deplete something else. Just like how piranhas are banned from some places. If you get an idiot who decides he doesn't want it anymore and throws it into a lake that people swim in, it can cause a major problem. Just like a problem Ken told me about with people putting caymans in the water up where he is. Knock on wood though, I've never had to return anything back into the wild after mixing them with imported fish. It is usually passed around among a few friends when we decide we don't want it anymore. Another thing is I don't keep very many fish at a time anyway. If I know I will import fish I can't get, I usually only keep about 1 wild one like the french angel I have or maybe a queen angel like I've had before. My fish tend to be very healthy and can't say I have ever seen anything like ich in my tank before much less lost a fish fro a sickness. Very good thought Don and thanks for pointing it out...Those post counts are really getting up there(LOL)

I had assumed you were "responsible", and just thought it was a good thing to mention.

Plus, (as you can see), I have gotten two posts out of it!

I love your aquascaping on the back of the display, can you elaborate? Please don't tell me it's from home depot, I'll have to hide for week. :p

It's probably cheaper for you to pick up in your backyard! ( beach ? )

> Wave98 :)

Barry, here is everything about my backwall in a thread Don started up. It is not from Home Depot...It's from Walmart(LOL JK). It is made for aquariums, just not sure for salt(LOL) I'll have to see what happens. You ever seen that snail before I took a picture of? I hear they clean pretty good or my friend at the LFS is setting me up!
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10389

Nice catch krish! now wheres mine?

Thanks Josh and here is yours! I think I may have put him in my tank too quickly trying to save him for you and he couldn't handle the heat!(LOL)

Thought I'd add something about introducing non-native fish... One of the reasons why the Panama Canal still exists is to protect the Atlantic inverts from some of the highly aggressive Pacific inverts. If it were opened it's likely we'd see some species from both oceans wiped out; but especially in the Atlantic. Our problem with Caimans is much different, since they can't handle our cold winters. Even though they might pose a problem in the summer, the species just can't survive in our climate. Burmese Pythons in Florida, now that's a different story.

Clayton

Thanks Clayton...Are you trying to get me to stop those percs and the blue hippo from coming in? Just kidding...Thanks for your input.

aww thanks krish... such a cool fish it looks very rare :p ... so you're paying for the shipping, right? :lol:

-Josh- :cool:

Back