Chingon's Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So i got today some more chalices and zoas, i got it from the Grow out competition. i'll post some pics and the chalice frags are cool looking as well as the lunars.
lunars are nice and open now. chalices are nice and puffy.

Grow out corals

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

Nice!! Not sure if it was mentioned already in the thread, but your pictures all have a greenish cool looking colored tint to it. Is that just a camera setting or is your tank actually that color? Never seen any tanks with that spectrum which is why I asked. :)

Nice!! Not sure if it was mentioned already in the thread, but your pictures all have a greenish cool looking colored tint to it. Is that just a camera setting or is your tank actually that color? Never seen any tanks with that spectrum which is why I asked. :)

Well i'm not really sure, lol. i got mh and some t5's. when i'm taking the pic it looks that color, i think cause of my white balance on the camera, it's custom to a pic i took of a white paper, i set it up and forgot to change it. i thought it doesnt look good, but i was too lazy to adjust the colors in photoshop. i'll check what my white balance is set to. thanks.

i like the ones with the black background, the greenish tint kind of takes a lot of color of the coral. but i dont have a black background on my tank, just the clear glass and i guess the blue reflects on the white wall and the camera makes it look green.

How are you liking the aqueon sump? You have model 2 right? Is the skimmer in the 3rd or 2nd chamber? As you know i picked up the same tank at denny's last week and looking around for a sump. Ideally i'd like to have the sump and ATO in the stand, so looking at the aqueon model 1, but unsure if that will work for a fuge and skimmer.

Back