Confess Your Sins

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LOL Steve...

Here's a confession of OCD...I may be pulling down my 90 gal in the morning and setting up a brand new 75 gal in it's place because I'm down to the end of my rope at looking at the tank and seeing scratches. I will loose 15 gals of water just to get rid of the scratches(LOL)...Is that a sin?

I kind of have a problem with all the animal cruelty, maybe we should stick to aquarium related confessions :) That stuff just makes me sad. I did torture ants a little though, by disabling them and dropping them in spider webs. Cats though... aren't they congenitally stoned?

Kate

What Toddler can do

:badgrin: This is a confession regarding stupidity as a child:idea:

How many people remember the show "The Electric Company" ? Used to come on right after or was it before Mr. Dress up .... oh heck I can't remember.....

The point is I remember that show well for one very funny / stupid reason:D

I am 32 years old (its pertainent to the discussion I think) and 28 years ago I was 4 (I can do math LOL). One sunny afternoon I was watching "The Electric Company" while searching for spare change in the couch at my Grandmothers house. In between the cushion I came across some "Viseine" so I decided to use it:rolleyes:

A few minutes latter I started to yell for my Grandmother because I could not open my eye:confused: and it was pretty scarey......

Turned out the "Viseine" I had discovered was Krazy Glue and I had glued my left eye shut!! I remember the emergency room visit very well. They had to use the end of a culture swab to literally dig the glue off my lids and open my eye up. Luckily no permanent damage occured and I got to be a pirate for a few weeks with me trusty eye patch :)

This isnt reef related but I used to frequently give my horse beer because he really really loved it. Sometimes I'd give him too much and he'd stumble around a bit and finally lay down until he could stand.

However .... on a more reef related note ...
-I kept a yellow tang in my 10 gallon nano for four months until he was big/strong enough to go back into the main sale system at work. He was very small.
-Fed a live 4-stripe damsel to my cat after it killed three fish.
-left a lovely piece of live rock in the backyard to dry to nothing with a mantis shrimp in it. A big one too.
-boiled a family of rock crabs in a rock because I couldnt get them out

Some of the stuff you guys admitted were pretty icky.

I will play:

I once tossed a yellow tang outside in the snow after 3 QT trips to the hospital tank for ICK but it kept comming back.

I usually do my water changes more than I need to and change my carbon and Rowaphos too often (water quality fetish I guess).

I tend to frag my corals for friends before they are really big enough.

I frequently enjoy watching Dishnetwork at my house but havent had a subscription for .....well lets say its been a while I think.

When I was growing up at the age of 14 we used to swipe beer and wine from the neighbors garage. And smokes from my Grand Mother

Jay

I won't go into what I did when I was a kid :evil:
but I will confess a bit more,

I use silica sand just to prove the naysayers wrong.

I run skimmerless because my two sun corals are happier when I do.

I don't clean my glass until it gets REALLY bad.

when I was a younger man, I would argue politics with College students just to piss them off.

I'm a rebel, always have been always will be ;)

T

I have a shirt with a picture of Che Guerra with the words MURDERING COMMUNIST BA$T&RD under it just to piss of hippys.

wrightme43 said:
I have a shirt with a picture of Che Guerra with the words MURDERING COMMUNIST BA$T&RD under it just to piss of hippys.

Don't you be ticking off this old hippy:D :D :D
Bad things happen when you make old hippies mad, they tend to jump out basement windows.

LOL Charlie.
Your a cool hippy. I dont think I have ever seen you out protesting building a school so a bunch of biting insects can have a home. Or the special thing here. We are building a Transpark, I-66 is being built and coming right thru our town. It has rail, I-65 N/S and I-66 E/W (when its done), and a huge airport. The college kids spend lots of time protesting it, not because they have any idea why, just to (make a differnce) in my mind the differnce is a lot less jobs. I make fun of them.

Years ago, I had this Siamese cat named Toby. Toby would come in rub your leg until you pet him, then he would wonder to next person. My friends called him a male @*&^%. Toby was big. He was the very mellow, pet me, abuse me , love me, unless you were a cat.
Someone decided lets spin Toby on the linoleum about 30 times and see how he does. The cat would run as fast as he could directly into the wall. He could not quite cut that corner into my bedroom for some reason. He always came back for more..
The cat liked my RC car for a short time. He would tackle it because it moved. I decided enough was enough. He was tearing it up.
I turned on the RC car and chased Toby about 5 ft. There was no way the car could catch Toby. Toby actually tried to climb the walls. The car would later move because of radio interference and Toby would run as fast as he could. My problem was solved.
The ritual began, lets go to my house, have a few drinks and see where the cat lands....then go out.. Hey, what ever works...I think it was a good luck charm. Hey, you turned me into the Tang Police, please don't turn me into the Cat Police.

LOL Thats funny Ed. I love my cat. I have always loved my cats. I do sometimes mentally tourture them though. It is only fair, they do it to me. LOL

charlie said:
Don't you be ticking off this old hippy:D :D :D
Bad things happen when you make old hippies mad, they tend to jump out basement windows.

there's a deepley burried redneck joke in there somewhere!!!!

I use tap water
I spit in the tank after starting a syphon
Sometimes I'll go for 2 months w/o doing any water testing.

Back