Contest Donations for a Reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Peppie

This is what I would like to do. Build a reactor to be given away in a contest for FR.

I have spoke with Mojo about a new design for a reactor. Mike has some good ideas on this new design.

One of the main issues is the cost of Acrylic cylinders. It is not cheep.

There will be some intense R&D for this project. Some of the inner workings will be trial and error.

So I am looking for anybody that has any 3 1/2 '' to 6'' acrylic cylinder stock anywhere from 12'' to 18'' tall or taller.
It could be from an old skimmer that no longer works or a reactor that is no longer needed. Or of course new stock is welcome.

The R&D process will be documented and posted here on the workshop site. Once the bugs have been worked out I (We) will build one to give away here at RF contest to be thought up by the mods.

So if anybody would like to donate your, not used, broke, acrylic cylinder stock let me know and we can make arrangements to get it on to my workbench.

Thank All

Peppie

I have two 4" 22" tall clear harvel pvc tubes and one 3" 12" tall cast acrylic to work with. The clear pvc would be great for strength.

2011-12-20100208.jpg

Let me know.
Frank

Cool Dave, I have some machined end caps and various pieces you can have as well my friend. Will see about geting down your way.

Cheers, Todd

Started thinking about it. A calcium rx does not need to be round. Square will work just as good. Actually, it will look nicer, give more room for media and cost less to build.

If your interested in the tubes let me know but I think a square ca/rx will be cool also.

Frank

Started thinking about it. A calcium rx does not need to be round. Square will work just as good. Actually, it will look nicer, give more room for media and cost less to build.

If your interested in the tubes let me know but I think a square ca/rx will be cool also.

Frank

Frankie thanks so much for your offer on the tubing. The reactor is going to be a pellet reactor. Mike and I have agreed to go round. I think the 3'' x 12'' cell cast would be perfect for this project.
I think you have my address. If not shoot me a PM.

Thanks again.

Peppie

Cool Dave, I have some machined end caps and various pieces you can have as well my friend. Will see about geting down your way.

Cheers, Todd

Todd,
Thanks Man, All parts and pieces are welcome.
Maybe I will see if Eric is coming north soon. If not maybe we can meet the week after X-Mas

Thanks,

Peppie

Frankie thanks so much for your offer on the tubing. The reactor is going to be a pellet reactor. Mike and I have agreed to go round. I think the 3'' x 12'' cell cast would be perfect for this project.
I think you have my address. If not shoot me a PM.

Thanks again.

Peppie
I think I still have it in my pm's. after rs got hacked i went and deleted most of my personal stuff so hackers could not get it. I will check and pm you if there is a problem. I have three of those tubes so I will follow along on the build and make another one. I thought it was a ca. rx. for a media rx I would go round also. Better for tumbling round.
Here is a link to Jonathan's reactor. Maybe it will give you some idea's. I always liked his idea but have not had the time to improve on it yet. Maybe soon.
DIY Multi-Media reactor - Reef Central Online Community

Back