Coralife Aqualight Pro 2x250w Halide 2x96w CF Fixture?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefGeeker

I am currently running an underpowered 4x65w CF Coralife on my 90g, I'm in need of a better light and found a coralife aqualight pro 2x250w Halide 2x96w CF for 200 bucks on craigslist. Obviously this is an upgrade from my current fixture but is it worth 200 bucks?

If I had seen this thread before this morning I would have said that if the bulbs were new, then ask if the price was firm.
MH setups are running a little cheaper these days and you would have liked the light upgrade.

Yes but my fear was the added cost of a chiller, at that point I should just save up for some leds.

Yeah, you do have to take in all the conditions when you upgrade equipment.
FWIW, I used mh lighting on my tanks for many years without a chiller. You can control heat issues with a few simple pc fans or a clamp-on style fan.
Many people do it.
Central air in the house also helps. lol
It's when I went with several know heat producing pumps and 3 x 250 watt mh and 4 x 160 watt vho lighting that I decided to get a chiller.

I did go all led lighting on my tanks and noticed a change right away.

If you are dead set on going led, talk to our local fish stores about pricing and making payments. ( some may and some may not)
I know of 3 stores in our area that carry popular leds. Ocean By Design, Barrier Reef, and Red C.
I'm a big Radion fan because of the programming.

Back