ReefGeekers 90g Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I think you misunderstood raffle=awesome, me missing it by 10 mins=lame. I did meet a nice lady though who gave me a few different kinds of palys and zoas for free! The event was very cool I wish I could have stayed a bit longer.

I think you misunderstood raffle=awesome, me missing it by 10 mins=lame. I did meet a nice lady though who gave me a few different kinds of palys and zoas for free! The event was very cool I wish I could have stayed a bit longer.

OHHHHH! I get it, your being late was lame, not the raffle. Got it. I went back and reread it and now I got it. Good looking RBTA's. I wish I had one for my clown but I am gun shy thinking it will wipe out some of my other corals.

Yes I did get it from paul, I almost felt bad for the clowns for taking it lol. I wish my Percula would host it though, any ideas on coaxing him into it? I was thinking about maybe getting a smaller percula and seeing if they would pair up and host it maybe? How often should I feed it once a week or what?

Husker it is the same RBTA just regular and actinic shots.

Nice addition Chris, but you may want to move/save your lil Acan frag before it gets zapped. On the left, Anthelia should be fine.

Cheers, Todd

Well the clown found her own way into the Nem by the time I got off of work! Here is a couple other corals I picked up at the swap too, as well as an updated FTS. I've ordered the plumbing parts for the UV and some chemipure elite.
clown2_zpsd963eadd.jpg

clown1_zps4396c9c1.jpg

newsps_zps855bc5e0.jpg

newzoos_zps676761e2.jpg

updatedFTS_zps485f980c.jpg

you guys are lucky with being able to go to that frag swap. Reefgeeker looks like you picked up some beautiful specimens. I really like the open concept of your tank. Let me know your opinion with the uv.

2 questions:
1) Where did you get that flex hose? I'd like to use something like it to plumb my overflow.
2) Is that a rock into from of the overflow? I like the look of it. It covers up the big black column. On my 58 I attached GSP...it looked great until it grew all the way up and started to block the teeth.

2 questions:
1) Where did you get that flex hose? I'd like to use something like it to plumb my overflow.
2) Is that a rock into from of the overflow? I like the look of it. It covers up the big black column. On my 58 I attached GSP...it looked great until it grew all the way up and started to block the teeth.

1) The hose came with the tank, I'm not sure where it came from sorry dave :/

2) Yeah its a nice flat piece my buddy gave me for xmas, thanks for the compliment.

you guys are lucky with being able to go to that frag swap. Reefgeeker looks like you picked up some beautiful specimens. I really like the open concept of your tank. Let me know your opinion with the uv.

Yeah it was pretty cool we live in a good area for that stuff I suppose. Thanks for the compliments, I will let everyone know my opinion of the uv when I finally get it going. On a side note I noticed you were from wisconsin and I just replaced a hub on my girlfriends grandpas pontiac that is also from wisconsin.

Got the uv setup last night! Now i just need to paint the tubes black. Also I regenerated my media with 3 units of chemipure elite after the shot as well, hopefully the gfo in the elite will give some added benefits.
uv_zps3fc6e641.jpg

So I went down to OBD and picked up a Biopellet reactor! I now need some opinions on the setup of my sump. Based on several peoples opinion I reluctantly removed the sump sock as I've been told it is a nitrate factory. So now the water flows through the chemipure elite into the skimmer section where I also had the UV inlet then through the refugium section (Where the uv outlet is) and to the return. Is the small chamber of cheato worth the algae mess in my sump, I mean is it really doing anything for water quality being that its only about 5 gallons worth of section? Should I remove it and place the biopellets reator in that chamber, or should I put the reactor in the return section and replace the cheato with LR? Maybe I should find a HOB fuge for more of a pod farm to make room in my sump and get rid of the algea? Where is the best place for the inlet/ outlet of the UV? I guess what I am saying is if it was your sump and equipment how would you do it? Any ideas appreciated!

Sorry reefgeeker, I've never used a biopellet reactor so I don't feel knowledgeable enough to comment. A HOB fuge doesn't seem like a bad idea to me though. With lighting you could have your pod farm and macroalgae.

Hey Chris, give me a call when you get a moment. Have dimensions of stand space underneath, my one-handed typing is a bit slow so easier to discuss on phone bud.

Its been a while so I guess it's time for an update. So I ended up putting the Bio-pellet reactor in the return chamber feeding back into the skimmer input and placed the UV sterilizer in the skimmer chamber, I still have the cheato in my fuge section. I went on a mini vacation and came back to find that my tank sitter did a not so good job and overfed and didn't top off my tank so I came home to massive air bubbles and a bunch of dead sps frags which was a bummer, most everything else is doing good now though. My sixline wrasse decided to jump out of the back of my canopy, also a bummer. On the bright side I've added 2 very nice rocks that combined weigh 55 lbs, much needed since I only had like 70 before. I will post up some pics tonight.

Back