DaCube Jr II Oceanic 30g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

One thing I always wondered about that black ABS plumbing (are you listening Tracy;)) they say that it's for sewer and drain only, I thought maybe it wasn't good for our tanks:confused:

I read a thread on RC about a year or two ago about that same debate...everyone that had it in their tanks for several years had no ill effect:shock:

ABS are fine. I use the large black L's for QT'ing fish. Much, much better than using white ones.

Best,
Ilham

Got it up and running tonight...

DSC_5460Large.jpg

Oh, looky what I got here:D
DSC_5462Medium.jpg

Water still cloudy from new salt poured right in.
Now I just need to dail in the lighting and I'm set:p

Hi Todd. How much water is your return pump pumping? How big is the bulkhead on that tank for water to go back to the sump?

Looks great!

Best,
Ilham

Hi Todd. How much water is your return pump pumping? How big is the bulkhead on that tank for water to go back to the sump?

Looks great!

Best,
Ilham

Well, I have an Eheim 1262, but it's going through a chiller first...so probably about 6-700gph. The bulkhead is a 1.5" standard bulkhead, all seams to be doing well today:D

I told you that drilling the tank wasnt that hard and looks like you cheap bulkhead worked out as well.

I told you that drilling the tank wasnt that hard and looks like you cheap bulkhead worked out as well.

Yes, worked out just fine (both) though I would like to be able to put the spears bulkhead, nobody had a 2 3/4" bit :( But its all working out just fine:razz:

Back