DaCube Jr II Oceanic 30g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hows the lionfish doing is he eating???
If you look right above my avitar you will see Lionless:( he did finally pass, it was over a month, he ate once by my forcing it, he took it not by eating it, but out of a fear strike like he was scarred of it...very sad, and long month:(

very sad. I have never heard of a lion not eating. they are so freakin' agressive in the first place. But I feel for ya...I have had two naso tangs do the same thing, only much faster.

very sad. I have never heard of a lion not eating. they are so freakin' agressive in the first place. But I feel for ya...I have had two naso tangs do the same thing, only much faster.

It is actually more common than it shoud be...they will dislocate there jaw upper/lower when they strike something on a rock. Once the damage is done it won't go back:( I have seen many volitans returned to LFS for dislocated jaw and they always starve themselves to death...very sad indeed:(

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about that. I have only seen them hangin' loose or taking down prey. Took it a long time to starve though, which leads me to believe that my naso fiascos were probably not starvation.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about that. I have only seen them hangin' loose or taking down prey. Took it a long time to starve though, which leads me to believe that my naso fiascos were probably not starvation.

You have to remember that lionfish have a very slow metaboism rate, that and they are only fed every 3-4 days. so they are used to not eating for a little while, were regular fish get fed 2-3 times daily.

ohh wow i didnt know that sorry for the loss. will you get another one or will you take a break with the lionfish??? That was a very nice looking fish for sure!!!!!

ohh wow i didnt know that sorry for the loss. will you get another one or will you take a break with the lionfish??? That was a very nice looking fish for sure!!!!!

Decided to take a bit of a break from lions for now, I have been keeping lions for a little over 4 years now. Haven't decided what else I will get for the cube...it will become a 60g soon, so I will be getting more fish. I already have a pair of harlequine shrimp, a pair of sixline wrasse, maybe a pair of Helfrichi firefish?

So how soon is soon Todd? A year is a long time to wait:D. the other half should be excited huh lol:shock::shock:

Picked up my newest toy for DaCube...Wavysea for my return...me likey:D

DSC_5746Medium.jpg

DSC_5747Medium.jpg

Hey Todd,

Yes, I am following your thread... And yes, the tank looks great. :D Sorry for the loss of the Fuzzy. I know that's a hard loss. I don't know many people who would 'force' a lion to eat... :oops:

And now a request, please...

Can we get some pix of the wavysea from the front of the tank on... What I'm wondering here is about aesthetics, how intrusive is the wavysea and the tunze? Is it allowing the frogspawn to expand all the way? (Knowing of course that the tunze was tearing the frogspawn.) How much range do you have set on the wavy, and how fast is it turning? Inquiring minds want to know! (And if you know that slogan, you are old:exclaim::lol:)

Hey Todd,

Yes, I am following your thread... And yes, the tank looks great. :D Sorry for the loss of the Fuzzy. I know that's a hard loss. I don't know many people who would 'force' a lion to eat... :oops:

And now a request, please...

Can we get some pix of the wavysea from the front of the tank on... What I'm wondering here is about aesthetics, how intrusive is the wavysea and the tunze? Is it allowing the frogspawn to expand all the way? (Knowing of course that the tunze was tearing the frogspawn.) How much range do you have set on the wavy, and how fast is it turning? Inquiring minds want to know! (And if you know that slogan, you are old:exclaim::lol:)

I will take some pictures tonight for you. I found a spot for the frogspawn so it is just fine now. I have the wavy set at the first setting for speed, so it is pretty slow, and I set the rotation to go from the back wall across to the other wall. The way these are made I could just let it make a complete 360 degree rotation. As for the slogan...remember, I'm older than you:shock:

I picked up a few choice corals from Salmonslayer and a few hammers from Katchupoy last pm, so I figured I would update my FTS. You can see the wavy there in the middle...not very obtrusive, even better in a larger tank;)

DSC_5849Large.jpg

Back