DaCube Jr II Oceanic 30g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DisturbedReefer

Lionless :(
Broke down and bought another cube a little bit ago. The plan is to replace the Aquapod with the Oceanic and have an actual sump running. I drilled the Oceanic myself since the local glass shop wanted between 35-70 to drill one freaking hole. So, I have pictures of the drilling process, took me quite some time since my Dwalt drill is about 12 yrs old and the battery is on its last leg:( But, the end result was a successful hole in my tank:D

DSC_5410Medium.jpg

DSC_5412Medium.jpg

DSC_5415Medium.jpg

DSC_5418Medium.jpg

DSC_5420Medium.jpg

DSC_5423Medium.jpg

DSC_5426Medium.jpg

DSC_5430Medium.jpg

I came up with this idea while at HD trying to figure out what I was going to do for my return...

DSC_5433Medium.jpg

So, the idea here is to cut teeth into this flange for my overflow. Not sure how its going to work out in the end, but its worth a try:rolleyes:

DSC_5437Medium.jpg

DSC_5440Medium.jpg

Next step was the stand. Snagged the plans from RC and got to work, just got the framing and top/bottom done...enough to get the tank on it and get to work:D

DSC_5444Medium.jpg

DSC_5446Medium.jpg

DSC_5449Large.jpg

As you can see in this shot I also painted the back, and got started on some of the plumbing as well...only the return line for now.

Next step was the stand. Snagged the plans from RC and got to work, just got the framing and top/bottom done...enough to get the tank on it and get to work:D

DSC_5444Medium.jpg

DSC_5446Medium.jpg

DSC_5449Large.jpg

As you can see in this shot I also painted the back, and got started on some of the plumbing as well...only the return line for now.

DSC_5450Large.jpg

So my sump is an Oceanic sump with a Deltec TS 1250 skimmer and an Eheim 1262 for a return pump. I will be using some of the equipment from the Aquapod on this system, like the chiller, and the lights, that will eventually be replaced. I plan on getting a Bluewave 3 HQI ballast and a mini Luminarc III for this setup...anyone with a Bluewave 3, I'm looking;)

DSC_5451Medium.jpg

DSC_5455Medium.jpg

DSC_5457Large.jpg

Last edited:
That is awsome :D. Looks ready for water soon. Did you get some lighting ?. Glad it worked out. $30 to $70 a hole :eek:. Sounds like some scammers to me :mad:.

Hey Todd, you still married? ;) Looks good to me, I may do the same shortly. I see you got yourself a craig jig too, nice!

BigT, nice to hear from you again.... Hey Todd, I might borrow that drill set you have used there..... Or might ask you to do it for me!!!... hahahahaha... sounds fun.... keep the pics coming.... very nice job...

i like the stand construction too... so might need some help with that too.... hahahaha

Todd, that looks like a Awesome setup. I will keep sending you links on Bluewaves from RC until you find a price you like. You just say when to stop.

Todd, I suggest that you cut the flange even lower... just in case there is a snag.... so that it will not overflow over your tank... at least 1/2 to 1 inch lower than the top of the tank.... 02 cents...

How did you make those teeths? dremel? miter saw? jigsaw? nice....

:shock::eek: Nice setup Todd!.....................looks like that stand could hold a 200g cube:p:lol: Good luck with the build dude!

One thing I always wondered about that black ABS plumbing (are you listening Tracy;)) they say that it's for sewer and drain only, I thought maybe it wasn't good for our tanks:confused:

Hey Todd, you still married? ;) Looks good to me, I may do the same shortly. I see you got yourself a craig jig too, nice!

Yes...still married:lol: She actually agreed to this as long as I sell the other one (Aquapod) to cover. Yes I got myself one of those fancy little jigs at Mclendons, very handy!

BigT, nice to hear from you again.... Hey Todd, I might borrow that drill set you have used there..... Or might ask you to do it for me!!!... hahahahaha... sounds fun.... keep the pics coming.... very nice job...

i like the stand construction too... so might need some help with that too.... hahahaha

Your welcome to the bit, but I must say if I had to do it over again I would pony up for the diamond bit. I will help you out with the stand part, actually only took me a few hours to slap it together...I'll skin it later:D

Todd, that looks like a Awesome setup. I will keep sending you links on Bluewaves from RC until you find a price you like. You just say when to stop.

Keep 'em coming buddy, one of the ones I was interested in turned into a real fiasco...guy was ripping folks off.

Todd, I suggest that you cut the flange even lower... just in case there is a snag.... so that it will not overflow over your tank... at least 1/2 to 1 inch lower than the top of the tank.... 02 cents...

How did you make those teeths? dremel? miter saw? jigsaw? nice....

I may just take that into consideration...probably 1/4 inch though. I cut it on the table saw:)

Back