DBM's DSA NEO 105

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nice looking bike Jess.
The trophy is also awesome. You will be surprised how fast trophies add up. I'll bet I had over 125 of them at one time,(from 7 years of racing Quarter midgets)

Is the plumbing box to heavy for your wife to lift?? LOL

Yes I'm running fresh water in the system for a leak test and to rinse the sand and rock one last time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.3 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB
Ya been so dang busy I at one point just gave into the idea that winter would be
When I would have time. Damn kid lol. He did get #10 state champ plate for 5 and
Under novice in bmx though

Tank is looking great Jess,

Sounds like you will be building a new bike this winter. Shave a pound here and shave a pound there and he could have the # 5 plate next year. Congrats

Hopefully the one I built last will work for a while. Plus we actually will be doing indoor this winter LOL
Less races but still will keep us busy!

Awesome build! I wish I had the ability to run the plumbing through to a fish room, seems like a lot of work up front but so beneficial in the long run. I have to mop up saltwater out of the carpet just about everytime I do a water change haha.... Sucks when you just put on a clean pair of socks and.... squish. Looking forward to seeing this thing up and running tagging along!

What kind of bulkheads going through the wall are those? If that's what they are... I'm doing the same thing into my garage and I like the way you did that.

Ok been away from here for quite a while sorry! The tank is running and cycled and all that jazz.
Had a few issues fixed them and im trying to move on! Naso is good and tough he made it thru one of those
issues. The bulkheads thru the wall are sch 80 that I srayed black and tightened on the sheet rock and wanscott.

Issue #1: I purchased the dc pump for my return pump (It was one of the cheaper ones) had a issue with the chord
and fixed it thought I was all good and it started shutting down on its own so I opened up the power supply and found
some things that werent soldered well and since I hadnt gotten any reply from premium I fixed it and thought sweet finaly
I am done! Well it ran for a week with no issues and we went out of town to leavenworth for the christmas lighting.
When we returned I found the return pump not working and the gfi tripped! So needless to say I was really mad! So
I broke out the backup and rigged it up and started to boil water to get this thing back up to temp.
The sump,fuge, and frag tank were at 60 degrees and the display was at 65. And of course before we left I wanted to transfer
as much out of my qt tank to my display so it would be "safe"! needless to say I have lost a few things but it wasnt as bad as
I thought it would be. This now starts PROBLEM #2: I think since the freeze happened that it made the few aptaisia
that were in my fuge throw out spores and start a mini infestation!!! So once again I am 10 seconds away from pulling the plug and walking away!
But as a last ditch effort I decide to throw some berghia in the macro algae and in the display. As of a few nights ago I think they have
cleaned up the aptaisia but only time will tell. So for now it looks like Im staying in LOL

Tank looks good and I will try and post some pics soon.
Ill try a few phone pics tonight but they are not very good really blue.

hey there bud. good to see an update. sorry to hear that you had some many problems with that pump. glad to hear everything is under control.

I hear ya Jess! Sorry to hear about this bad luck!!! I almost turned the 300g I got from you into freshwater. (battling cyano and dying frogspawn.)

aquascape is looking cool despite bad pic!

Back