Deploying & moving

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Okay,

Just got word we are closing on the house around Thanksgiving. I don't expect anyone to come out that weekend, as I told her that was an off-limit weekend for having people help out.

She will be ready to have my daughter anyday around Turkey Day. I'm trying to get her to agree on moving the tank around the weekend of Dec 4-5th. If anyone has a big van that would be nice as it's about a 10-15min drive to the new house and tropical fish don't care too much for our 30-40 degree weather.

The plan I have is as follows:

Fresh water mixed and ready at the new house.
Drain tank at current house, put live stock in buckets provided by ASRA
Hook up air to buckets at new house (Thank you ASRA)
Set up tank at new house
Fill tank up with fresh water
Aclimate live stock to fresh water

Job completed.

Thank you in advance for anyone that is able to help out during this evolution. I will have a very deep debt to repay to you.

Ryan

P.S. If anyone has a better/easier idea of doing it go ahead and throw them out since I'm not there doing anything. Just the chain of events I had in my head.

I hope the La Nina that is expected this winter is kind to you on Dec 4-5 (that is, no snow or ice on the roads).

I was hoping that we would have a mild winter as I have not heard much about normal fall rainfall. The wife has been out walking and playing outside everyday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's nice and mild.

You do know that the power always goes out on Thanksgiving Day while the turkey is in the oven. You mite hear lots of people around the island joking about that but I’ve been on the island since 1976 and it’s happened way more then a few times. We would, many years just make plans to go to the galley on base for thanksgiving because if the power went out we could still eat an awesome meal.

This winter is expected to be a wetter first half and colder second half. So the temp may not be too bad but expect it to be wet around then. My spidy senses were telling me earlier this summer that it’s going to be nasty this winter and then the experts started announcing there predictions of the same lately.

Well from the sounds of it, there has already been the annual power outage and Snow in Bham.

The move still has to go down.

Can I please get everyone else to RSVP so I know how many people will be helping out?

I know Justin and Ffloyd are out of town and I greatly am desperate for the help.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hey Ryan,
What day are you trying to move stuff?
Do you already have access to your new house or when it that going to happen?
I would be available to help in the mornings until 12:30 in the after noon on Saturdays and Sundays but not every Saturday. My wife has a strange work/school schedule on Saturdays.
What equipment do you have together for us to use in this move and what can we do about the ro-di water at the new home. I can load a 55gallon drum full of ro-di into my van to use. And to keep the critters warm the seats are easily removable in my caravan to transport them in a warm environment. That’s too bad about Floyd and Justin being out of town, I know those too are masters of moving tanks. I lack the expertise for setting up and acclimating but I can help with the heavy lifting and transportation and ro-di water.
Erik

Hey Ryan,

I'm available that weekend if you need more help. Let me know.

I'm just around the corner from Todd.

I'm still in Ryan, but it would help to know which day/time as early as possible. Holiday weekend and all :) I should be able to bring along my son as well, he is probably stronger than me these days so that makes two.

Deployed

It sounds like you have manpower covered, however if something falls thru or you need more help let me know. I am coming from Federal Way so it would be much more convenient if you had North-Sounders which it looks like you do, but if it comes down to the last minute and you really need someone, I will make the drive. My son is in the Navy and I guess one Navy family helping another in time of need is what its about. :)
Ichthys

Sorry about the Brain Fart.

4 Dec is the planned day.

Address the tank is currently located:

1153 Rainier Cir
Oak Harbor WA 98277

Mapquest will give you directions.

Water should already be set up on location.

If the 4th will not work out, then we can do it the 5th instead.

Can someone swing by ARSA and pick up some transportation buckets, airpumps, and towels that he was going to loan to me?

Thank you a ton.

Hey Erik,

First, Thank you very much.

Move is planned on going down on the 4th.

Since you are down the street and have a van, I could see if my buddy can be there early with you to pull rock and critters and transport them to the new house in that nice heated van of yours :)

I have guys coming from Bham and Everett and really don't want to ask them to show up early :) I would hope the critters would be moved by noon so you can still get your personal stuff taken care of, and hopefully the airpumps and stuff will be arrived to place them in the buckets.

I think everything will go down fairly smooth, there are several experienced reefers coming out to help out.

Again, thank you to everyone helping out.

Ryan

Hey Ryan,
What day are you trying to move stuff?
Do you already have access to your new house or when it that going to happen?
I would be available to help in the mornings until 12:30 in the after noon on Saturdays and Sundays but not every Saturday. My wife has a strange work/school schedule on Saturdays.
What equipment do you have together for us to use in this move and what can we do about the ro-di water at the new home. I can load a 55gallon drum full of ro-di into my van to use. And to keep the critters warm the seats are easily removable in my caravan to transport them in a warm environment. That’s too bad about Floyd and Justin being out of town, I know those too are masters of moving tanks. I lack the expertise for setting up and acclimating but I can help with the heavy lifting and transportation and ro-di water.
Erik

Hey Erik,

First, Thank you very much.

Move is planned on going down on the 4th.

Since you are down the street and have a van, I could see if my buddy can be there early with you to pull rock and critters and transport them to the new house in that nice heated van of yours :)

I have guys coming from Bham and Everett and really don't want to ask them to show up early :) I would hope the critters would be moved by noon so you can still get your personal stuff taken care of, and hopefully the airpumps and stuff will be arrived to place them in the buckets.

I think everything will go down fairly smooth, there are several experienced reefers coming out to help out.

Again, thank you to everyone helping out.

Ryan

What time do you want Todd, Kirk and myself there?

So Sat the 4th. What time?
Who is picking up the equipment from ARSA?
What (if anything) do the rest of us need to bring?
Who is coordinating the setup on the other end?

-Todd

Back