designing pro equipment, what do you want???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

To true poseidon, let the succesfull people in the hobbie influence the future of the technology.

I want a company to under promise and over deliver. Dont promise the world! Blow there minds when they recieve there product. Be second to none on service.

I think that skimmer whisperer is going to make a hell of a nice skimmer! I want a recirc skimmer that would be as good as the deltec's. I have an ap702 that rocks, though im going to go bigger once my tank grows out. 300 show with 125 sump. Also i would want one that would incorporate o3, orp probe meters, and have several options for calk skimming pre entering the tank ect. Automation is important to me being i cant be by my tanks side all the time.

I will be game for a large recirc grav fed skimmer. I know that you have a deltec or 3 laying around that you can use for examples.

Im excited for you both! Good luck. Pm me when your ready!

How about an all-in-one calcium AND Kalk reactor with a second stage effluent chamber on the calcium reactor side. Something with say a rectangular footprint, externally mounted that will save space and money from having to have seperate units? Plus the pH offset benefit of having both style reactors running.

A better build sea swirl with power head mounts that is in the $50 range, instead of the $200 range. (There is nothing to a sea swirl, maybe $20 worth of parts). It would be nice if it had a smaller footprint. The sea swirls block a lot of light.

it's ironic how many of us are on the same wavelength when it comes to what we want from gear...some excellent suggestions on the reactors and water moving products.
...right now were just trying to figure out what were going to call ourselves, as it looks like were less than a month away from popping out our first products :)

well hold on...not everything!! ...but the sumps, overflow boxes, etc... then another month later, the first skimmers, which will be a simple no bs design that will be high power, low watts, tried and true pumps with our own cnc modifications, and cheaper that any competitors considering the new unique design features we will offer.
the crazy UBER designed stuff and new technology comes later...:badgrin:
but we want to start out with models that offer big boy power at skinny girl prices, and step up the customer service people get to a level only offered by a handfull of manufacturers in this industry.

One thing I have seen on both the msx and BM's is that the secci pumps don't evenly fill the chamber below the bubble plate. The swoosh of air and water blasts across the the chamber and crashes against the other wall and rises up more to one side of the bubble plate...

How about three or four seperate chambers and bubble plates or each pump?

Thanks everyone for all of the input. We are getting really excited about all of the products we plan on bringing to market. As Mark said though the first few things will be simple and then the cool stuff will come day by day. We found out that because of most of the requests we had to step up our CNC system to a larger unit and thus has delayed our production dates by a couple of weeks but now that it is coming together we will soon have stuff to show off. Mark is by far one of the best people I have ever worked with in designs and sales alike it has been a lot of fun and I know I for sure look forward to a long exciting relationship in the industry!

This is great news. Not only will we have a new designer and manufacturer of high efficiency, high quaility, sexy reef equipment, that new entity will be in our own back yard. Thank you guys, for taking the risk and having the guts to step up to deliver products that we want. If a manufacturer has a customer focus and delivers high value products, then customers will support them. I am looking forward to supporting you guys.

I will be in the market for a sump in a month or so, so I will give you guys the opportunity to build one for me.

With the new products that you will be rolling out, I am available to provide some beta testing if you are interested. I have a 30-gallon custom AIO monti tank, a 30-gallon Oceanic cube tank that will be a seahorse tank in the works, and a 75-gallon RR SPS/LPS tank in the planning stages.

Gary

yep...for years, i've been pulling my hair out asking "why the hell did they make this skimmer like this???" or sump, or tank, or CArx...

Im just so pleased to finally be in a position to be bringing some of these dreams to life, Im glad that others have found my 15+ years of experience with skimmers and reef design useful, because as recent events have shown.. I am an idiot savant, and probably not much good at anything else...

it's truely an honor to have been hand picked to head the new aquaria equipment design team of Creative CAD Designs ...god, if we can just name ourselves now...
All our favorite ideas we had are already taken :idea::(

Last edited:
Put me down for a sexy skimmer for as 50 gallon total volume system that screams
My little bak pak is not cutting the mustard....

skimerwhisperer, to clarify, was my idea, overlooked or simply ignored? :eek:

Dude, im sorry, I actually really appreiciate that idea and it got me thinking about bubble plates in general, and ways to improve upon the design, I just have had my "bubbleplate" full of all sorts of "skimmate" recently, sorry for the late relpy. :) :(

One thing I have seen on both the msx and BM's is that the secci pumps don't evenly fill the chamber below the bubble plate. The swoosh of air and water blasts across the the chamber and crashes against the other wall and rises up more to one side of the bubble plate...

How about three or four seperate chambers and bubble plates or each pump?

So what I was thinking was making a complete sphere that the pump injects water/air into, not just a plate or ring. A sphere with holes or slits on the top to allow the air/water to travel up and out, im pretty sure it's not a new idea, but i'll be damned if I have seen it on any skimmer I have seen (there are alot of skimmers I havent seen, believe it or not...lol) I need to hit the german websites again.... also, what about just putting the bubble plate vertically, so that it can inject air and water at the bottom, and then will gently follow the circle to the top where slits or holes allow them to escape?

But the idea of multiple plates or chambers as well is excellent...damn, am I going to have to pay you now to use that idea??? lol :)

Also, as much as im trying to really cut down on eating any meat at all, that cheeseburger(s) in your av always confuses and compels me in strange ways that distracts me from what I was doing...

O.k.
So, some of you may have heard the rumor that I am going to be designing a professional line of reef equipment....IT'S TRUE!!!
Mike (MC lighting), owner of Creative CAD designs and myself have partnered up, and plan on making an entire line of professional reef filtration.

These are going to be made in USA, right here in Washington, they are going to be very high quality, cnc machined, with innovative designs not currently seen. But, with a pricetag and a lead time that everyone will be happy with...

My questions for you guys, the consumers is...
What features do you want to see in your next protein skimmer, sump, media reactor??
What would you say are the design flaws of your current equipment??
Or things that you would like to see different??

As you can imagine, I myself have many, many ideas and designs for skimmers, sumps, media reactors, etc... but scince we are making this gear for you guys, we want to know what YOU want, and what is important to YOU.

So please feel free to post, pm me, or even call me personally...
my number is 425-780-1059, and I am happy to speak with anyone about their ideas.
As it stands, I can already promise you that it will be very difficult to match our build quality, design features, and customer service that we will offer with our equipment, and I look foreward to providing the northwest reefing community(and beyond :) ) with new and exciting options for the success, stability and health of your reef systems.
Thank you in advance for any imput, criticism, or kudos... :)

HI, skimerwhisperer,MC Lighting

IM GLAD SOMEONE WITH SOME REAL EXPERIENCE HAS GONE IN TO THAT BUSINESS, I WISHH YOU ALL WELL, MY NAME IS CARLOS I OWN ULTIMATE AQUARIUM SERVICES IN TAMPA FL ALSO ON THE WEB FULL RETIAL STORE.
I HAVE A 600G REEF OF MY OWN LOVE TO HAVE A CALCIUM REATOR FOR IT
LWT ME KNOW WHAT PRICE RANGE, ALSO WHEN YOU GUYS ARE READY I WILL LIKE TO CARRY YOUR PRODUCT ON MY SITE. IF YOU LIKE TO CONTACT ME PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

THANK YOU
CARLOS QUILES

small in sump I am using a 29 gallon standard for a sump..

As you all know, im a total nano freak...
and the avalibility of skimmers for nanos always leaves me buying a skimmer designed for a larger system...
The only in sump skimmers worth a damn that comes close in smaller size would be the tunze 9010, and the SWC extreme 160, and they are still too big size-wise for many smaller systems...and then theres all these all in one nanos that have virtually no room for skimmers, but need skimmers badly...and im not too impressed with the available options... except mabye the euroreef nano skimmers i've seen, but even those are underpowered for the tank sizes they are rated for, imo...
so definately something im working on....

also, everybody and their dog and mother have a maxi-jet mod kit out for high flow, wtf about a maxi-jet mod kit for making it the best protein skimmer pump it can be? god knows theres enough crappy skimmers out there that have that pump on it. it needs a total front end over-haul to be a good skimmer pump :)

Last edited:
HI, skimerwhisperer,MC Lighting

IM GLAD SOMEONE WITH SOME REAL EXPERIENCE HAS GONE IN TO THAT BUSINESS, I WISHH YOU ALL WELL, MY NAME IS CARLOS I OWN ULTIMATE AQUARIUM SERVICES IN TAMPA FL ALSO ON THE WEB FULL RETIAL STORE.
I HAVE A 600G REEF OF MY OWN LOVE TO HAVE A CALCIUM REATOR FOR IT
LWT ME KNOW WHAT PRICE RANGE, ALSO WHEN YOU GUYS ARE READY I WILL LIKE TO CARRY YOUR PRODUCT ON MY SITE. IF YOU LIKE TO CONTACT ME PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

THANK YOU
CARLOS QUILES

Thanks for the kind words Carlos, very soon after we decide on the prototypes we're designing, we will make a brochure spotlighting out first products. I will make sure you receive one. :)
And of coarse we are available to make custom sized equipment for larger systems, and once were rolling here in another month, we'll be able to give you a quote. TY for your interest.
And actually, i'd like to thank everyone for their interest, business inquiries, and awesome ideas, there's been alot!!

Back