designing pro equipment, what do you want???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

when are the first skimmers coming out right now i need a new one and i am going to go with a octopus extreme 200 for my 155 and i can get it for $255 shipped and insured but i want to know if you guys are going to have something soon and as good and as cheap as they are when they are new?

Well, right now were a month out from doing skimmers.
We had to wait on parts to arrive for the CNC mill, they finally did, so were on our way.
But first were doing sumps and getting our sump designs prototyped, they are already designed, just need to make them, so it wont be but a couple weeks before we start working on skimmers, probably a couple weeks after that the first ones will be ready for sale. as you might image, i've been working on skimmer designs for years, so they as well are pretty much designed, just need to make them. :)

And BTW, we finally decided upon a name!!!
Creative Aquatic is what we will be doing business as, we just bought the .com and I am currently working on the graphics for the website and for banners so we can start our sponsorship here and elsewhere. YAAAY

so fat boy, if you can get a good deal on a skimmer go for it, but imo , DONT buy the octopus version of that skimmer, you want to pay the exta few dollars and get the SWC/MSX version.
http://www.shop.reeffiltration.com/product.sc?categoryId=2&productId=21

Oh the octo 200 is not "BAD" skimmer
He was just saying if you can get the better skimmer.
"If your gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"

You need to mod it...
but mods will make it better..

what can i do to these on the octo to make them better so you guys will let me get the skimmer:p

lol...you could just mesh mod the impeller yes...im not sure exactly how much of the higher numbers of the SWC version are because of the pinwheel, and how much is because of the venturi, I'm guessing it's mostly the pinwheel.

well, even if you get the octo, you probably wont be dissapointed...just know you could have had a little better for a little more money.
but isnt that always the case in life???

Very cool. Sometime this summer, I'll be coming to you guys for a sump for my 75-gallon tank. I am excited about this venture that you guys are taking on.

Gary

well i am sorry i just had to get it $250 shipped and insured to my door for 3 MONTH old skimmer (thought it said 6) i just couldnt let it get away the g4+ just aint cuttin it

you said the pump ist as goog is there anyway for me to mod it to make it almost perform like the swc/msx version

in the next day or 2 we start making sumps and prototypes!!!
:D:D:D
Finally!!!!
Mike and Ron have been working so hard to get the CNC perfect,
and we will take those pics I promised in a day or so...
YAAAY!

Back