Did I get ripped off?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dmbfreek

Ok, I just bought this off of craigslist, I called the guy and asked him a lot of questions except one, "is there any cracks in the tank?". The guy never volunteered the info to me that there was a big @ss crack down the back of the tank. The ad said nothing about any damn crack! I had a friend pick this thing up for me on his way back from his vacation so he knew nothing about the deal, he said to me "I'm not sure this is what you wanted" as I stared at the crack running down the back of the tank:shock:. The guy fixed the crack by patching a thick chunk of glass over it and it does hold water:rolleyes:, but I'm not sure that I got the deal that I thought I was getting. $200. for
70 gallon extra long tank 82L X 14.5H X 13.5D
stand and canopy
2) 4.5" fans (in canopy)
20G acrylic sump
Rio 2500 return pump

200 bucks is a good deal when the tank has stand and canopy but the crack shortens the life of the aquarium if its not short enough already but this is a fresh water tank buy the sounds of the size your going to be regretting the 13.5 depth both my tanks are 14 and i hate it its hard to aquascape and even tho its long u wont be able to keep that big fish in it like alot of tangs 200 would of been good if it wasnt cracked its probly scratched up to

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]2) cheapo powerheads
2) VHO workhorse7 ballasts w/ end caps
Cheapo protien skimmer
CPR overflow
Magnum canister filter
Misc. chemicals, hoses, fittings, about 100#'s of white sand and others.

Is the deal that bad or am I making a big deal out of nothing?:confused:

200 bucks is a good deal when the tank has stand and canopy but the crack shortens the life of the aquarium if its not short enough already but this is a fresh water tank buy the sounds of the size your going to be regretting the 13.5 depth both my tanks are 14 and i hate it its hard to aquascape and even tho its long u wont be able to keep that big fish in it like alot of tangs 200 would of been good if it wasnt cracked its probly scratched up to

Morgan, What makes you say that this was a freshwater tank? Just curious.:confused:

The equipment costs add up, you can always part with everything and make your money back. When you can't sell everything for the cost of the whole that's when I draw the line between a good and bad deal...

-Dan

IVE seen people put glass over cracks and the tank hold for ever... so i woulndt worry about it...

just make sure its level

seal up that crack good and it should be fine

Back