DIVE! DIVE! DIVE! New Nano tank started

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fall0n

The GF caved on how awesome my idea was. And since it was an all-in-one setup, I won her approval :) :ballchain:

So the new build is underway! Finally found a nano tank that fits my size needs and have collected most of all I needed to get it moving forward. I'll use this thread to chronologicalize my unique build :)

To start off, picked up a 16g nano all in one tank. Front and sides is 1 piece glass, bent. Looks fantastic.

20120413_212753.jpg

20120413_212802.jpg

20120413_212812.jpg

Rock work is being finalized now, black sand has been added and lastly pump/heater are on/running.

Way to go Jason! Looks to be a fun lil build. Unusual to see a white back and will be a cool looking contrast to black sand. What's the plan for livestock ???

Cheers, Todd

Yeah the white was different, but shall be interesting in the build. As for livestock, I'm going on the route of *nano* and unique. So a few inverts - brittle star from my main tank, my pom pom and staghorn crabs and will begin to look for some colorful miniture fish. Corals on the other hand, will be looking for bright and textures. So pretty open, will be looking for neat things to add.

love the way those look...
i would hav done the black,
but white can look very cool too.
are u using ther crappy leds they make or something beefier??
plus that back filter looks big enuf to accomodate a nano skimmer,
or better yet get a bigger hob skimmer.

In the beginning here I'll run their LEDs, but will eventually do a diy kit and make it proper. I have a mini skimmer shoved in the back already :) Slid in just like it was meant to be there :) Looking forward to see how well it works.

Need some more pics here!!
I love little projects like this. Thereare so many different ways to do them

OH I have some in store for you. I have a unique twist... added to it :) Soon as the rockscape is finished. Should have some updated pics in a day or 2. Darn epoxy/superglue bonding times!!!!

Not fully sure yet at this juncture, but want to create a unique/deep sea scene. So mainly i'll probably be shooting for interesting textures and vivid colors.

I LOVE IT!!!!
It is nice to see someone has the BA++s to do something so fun and off the wall with their tank. Cant wait to see it come together. Any scuba guys??

Nice looking tank I was going to get the same exact route but read some bad things about the company and the seals on there tanks. Also be aware that alot of posts I have found about that tank say the stock lights are no good so you might want to replace them sooner rather than later. Good luck I'm tagging along for a cool build.

Yeah it's a great looking tank. Form and function seem spot on. Hmm, I'll keep an eye on the seals. As for the lighting, I've heard a few things. Some have just gotten a 3rd light and did pretty well. I will most likely do a diy led setup. But in due time.

Nice looking tank I was going to get the same exact route but read some bad things about the company and the seals on there tanks. Also be aware that alot of posts I have found about that tank say the stock lights are no good so you might want to replace them sooner rather than later. Good luck I'm tagging along for a cool build.

Back