DIVE! DIVE! DIVE! New Nano tank started

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Heh there is a lego mermaid from another minifig series that I've thought about hunting down.

Just be sure to buy two sets so you are able to use one set for parts to pad the the important parts of the one that will get wet.

Alrighty, some updates :)

Temp: 81.1 F
Salinity - 1.025
Ph - approx 8.1
Ammonia - < 0.25 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Nitrate - 5.0 ppm

Just put the filter basket things that will begin to pull any remaining nitrates / phosphates in the water lastnight. I have a mushroom i tossed in, extends out to approx 1.5-2" daily, and a piece of setosa stuck at the top of a piece of tonga ( polyps seem to still be extended).

And now with what you're really looking for - pics

20120529_221615.jpg

20120529_221622.jpg

Throw your hands - scratch that - brittle star limbs in the air, like you just dont care!
20120529_221632.jpg

20120529_221646.jpg

20120529_221742.jpg

I think the parameters are good to go to start adding corals. Now the hunt begins! I'm ready to start coral aqua scaping!

OMG, I LOVE your nano! I just saw the pics for the first time and fell in love! I am one of those people that never believed in putting anything not live in my tank, no props or toys... you changed my mind! Cool, cool, cool!!! Way to go, I can't wait to see pics when you get some corals in there!

Rachel

Hahahaha thanks! I was the same way, but you can think of it as an artificial reef due to an unfortunate incident :) Colors, contrast, and just plain fun! I think if things are done in taste and kept in perspective, there are lots of interesting things that can be done.

I was over on the (OTHER SITE) and some one posted a link to your tank regarding leggos in a SW tank. Kootoos for the mini publication. LOL

Have you found a bikini baring female for your divers yet??

I was over on the (OTHER SITE) and some one posted a link to your tank regarding leggos in a SW tank. Kootoos for the mini publication. LOL

Good idea peppie... acutally i've been looking for one the murmaid minifigs - probably will hunt it downon brickbuilders site. Also, thanks! Heh, seems we like to spread cool things to other related sites. Pretty neat!

Glad I could help you become famous on THE OTHER SITE. You had a good thread going that I thought would help answear there question :)

Hahahah that's awesome! Just did some hunting and found the post/thread. Thanks for spreading the build!

Once I got this tank going, the gf now kinda wants me to do either black pearl or queen anne's revenge sunken in a all damsel/aggressive tank.

I've added some inverts, fish and corals to the tank. Pics to follow tonight.

OK long needed update, i'll show you with pics :)

LED strip built ( just have to make some nice cover to make it look snazzy )
20120929_084451.jpg

20120929_084510.jpg

20121001_064908.jpg

20121022_065150_1.jpg

20121022_065141.jpg

20121104_200031.jpg

20121022_171120.jpg

Tank is looking good Jason, you need to make another trip North as I would still like to donate some livestock to this fun little tank. LED's came out nice, great job.

Cheers, Todd

I'm looking to head up north this weekend, either after barriers sale or on sun am to stop by herefishyfishy's. Maybe we can set up a meet up :)

Back