DIY ATO with Float valves. need help finding the right valve!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

menace78

I plan on adding an ATO to my sump with the float valves that just open the valve from 3/8" HDPE line.
I would like to add another float that is just inline to stop flow to the second float as a backup but can't seem to find any that don't just open a valve into the sump.

Has anyone seen one that just stops the flow inline?

I just made a second one today
two floats one relay one outlet and a 12v converter.
Oh and an old power cord off of something?

I was hoping to not deal with the electric float valves, but The Solenoid Valve setup looks like a good backup to a non electric float valve.
I was kind of looking for something like the standard float valve that you just plug the 1/4od tube to but looks like they don't make one that can be setup as a backup safety cutoff.

Thank you for the link to the inline Solenoid valve one though. looks like it'll be my choice.
I want to topoff strait from the RODI instead of filling sopmething else to topoff like most other controllers work.

that works but, always a recipe for disaster with straight from ro/di unti.
That's why I wasn't willing to rely on just the one float valve like some people do.
I'm going with a float valve with a safety cutoff float above it connected to an inline electric solonoid valve (from the link that returnofsid posted) to stop it if the mechanical float gets stuck.

The less wires I have going into the tank the better in my book :p

Back