dog sitters or dog hotels

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spongebob lover

flea whisperer
Well it seems like i might be going down to California for Cristmas but now we're into this huge dilemma on what to do with Robacha :doubt::rolleyes:, we thought about dog hotels but i guess she's not welcomed because she's a pitt mix, then our neighbour offered to take care of her but she wants Robacha to not pee and hold it for 8 hours until they get home, i'm trying my best but i dont' think it's happening, then i thought about pet sitters but i dont' know any :lol:....so i was just wondering what does everyone do with your dogs? we're gonna be gone for 2 weeks and 2 days ...we also thought about bringing her with us but we're still checking for airplane fees and see if it's a better idea.

any ideas would be great doods/ ettes !! :)

This thing about her being a pitbull mix...how many kennels/hotels have you checked? I would look around a lot; there's a good place in Bothell/Woodinville, and there's a very cool place in Roy, WA called "Ewe-topia" (a farm where they train dogs to herd sheep and stuff...they also board dogs).

What I have done in the past:

1. Had my dog Pepper (schnauzer mix) stay at a friend's house who had another dog
2. Paid people to house-sit and take care of all my animals and fishtanks. I have a real menagerie now so it's better for me to do this.

Other than these options you can find a kennel, a vet's office, or take your dog with you. Personally I wouldn't leave him at home alone and have someone come in to feed him...that works with cats but probably not so good with a young dog.

Right now I have chihuahuahs and cats neither of which are excited about young, aggressive dogs coming into their space. Sorry I can't help out more.

I actually take my dog with me most of the time when I fly. Then I just hire a friend to stay at my place and take care of my fish and other pets.

Depending on the size of your kennel that the dog will be in depends on charges. Frontier charges $100-$200 each way for a dog. Based on the fact that your dog is a pitt mix, I take it she is large. Our dog (golden retriever) requires the kennel that is $200 each way, so I would imagine yours would too.. So her ticket is $400 round trip when she goes with me..

Thanks Erik

I woud have your dog over if my dog wasnt such a mamas boy. He is German Shepard/Husky mix and is very protective of the house and has seperation anxiety so I dont know how he would react. I do know there is a good boarding place in Maltby (its by Woodinville might be the same one Jan is taking about) I just for the life of me cannot remember the name I will ask Hubby and see if he can remember.

awesome everyone :) thank you very much i'll check out ewe-topia.

so far the only places i looked were petsmart hotel, petco and another place called pet santuary ....i dont' remember the name exactly.

we got the tickets from Alaska airlines, so i'm gonna call them today and see how much is to brign a 50 lb dog plus kennel .
how did you train your dog to be ok in the airplane? because that's another thing i'm kind of worried that she might get scared and cry .

you can get some 'doggie downers' (tranquilizers) for the plane ride. Otherwise it would be scary, I think. I know I need those tranqs when I fly. :oops:

you can get some 'doggie downers' (tranquilizers) for the plane ride. Otherwise it would be scary, I think. I know I need those tranqs when I fly. :oops:

yah ... my dog traveled to Thailand this way..and back ...since my parents stole the dog and kept it =)..

They just are all run down from the jet lag and stress but the drugs help curb it.

lol!!! kewl i guess i'm gonna have to get those....i was thinking of just walking her for 2 hours before the plane ride but hey...tranquilizers sound better :lol: :D :p

Okay Gabs.......

If nothing works out for you I will be willing to keep her until you get back. I know it's a bit of a drive but it's another option.

we got the tickets from Alaska airlines, so i'm gonna call them today and see how much is to brign a 50 lb dog plus kennel .
how did you train your dog to be ok in the airplane? because that's another thing i'm kind of worried that she might get scared and cry .

I don't know if they allow dogs or not.. I always fly frontier or united so i'm not sure.. I know most airlines charge by the kennel size though.

Yelp, Doggie "tranquilizers". Its not very bad at all. I have flown quite a few dogs this way and the next day its like nothing ever happened!

Thanks Erik

Okay Gabs.......

If nothing works out for you I will be willing to keep her until you get back. I know it's a bit of a drive but it's another option.

awesome dood thank you very much !!! i'll definetly keep you in mind :) we dont' mind the driving at all, we just want Robacha to be happy and ok....plus i think she'd love to see her mom :D .

I called this morning Alaskan airlines and they said that it's 100 bucks each way, plus health certificate and proof of inmmunisations which we can get with no problem, now i just gotta try to figure out how am i gonna deal with my in-laws and everything will be ok :lol::lol::rolleyes::p , we're gonna talk to them about it this weekend and see if it's ok ( last time they said no because there's bears and coyotes around their neighbourhood :shock::p) i really would love to bring her so she can see California too :D ....hey we might even meet the Dog whisperer :p:lol::lol:.

I'll let you know way a head of time Willie thank you dood.

Back