DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Sarang, any way you can take a picture of that valve? I can't picture exactly what you are saying, but this is the exact setup that I am trying to do right now and I don't want to use the check valve that I have. The one I have is for a overflow box and an aqualifter...

I will try to get a pic of it when I get home. It is just a plasctic needle valve that you can get from any LFS.

i have the tsunami ato as well the one thing that messed up with mine was the suction cup came off after about a year. so i super glued it to to the sump.

Jeff..... When Thor is at your place. If it is not too much trouble do you mind mounting the LED around 12-16'' from the surface and take a PAR reading in the tank at just below the surface than 6'' down, 12'' down ,18'' down and last 24'' down. I am curious to see what the PAR is like with the 1w LED you have.

Jeff..... When Thor is at your place. If it is not too much trouble do you mind mounting the LED around 12-16'' from the surface and take a PAR reading in the tank at just below the surface than 6'' down, 12'' down ,18'' down and last 24'' down. I am curious to see what the PAR is like with the 1w LED you have.

I sure will Sarang! I want to get a rang of readings and create some type of graphing to show the differences.

I am really impressed with them and love the fact that I can controll them right from my computer via Blutooth :D

That is a nice feature... mine are more basic but I did get the timers set today for the three channels so I have a graduated albeit stepped intensity of blue, white, blue, moonlighting for each day.

That is a nice feature... mine are more basic but I did get the timers set today for the three channels so I have a graduated albeit stepped intensity of blue, white, blue, moonlighting for each day.

Yeah I am looking forward to seeing yours Mark! I looked very heavily at the Maxspect LED's when I was doing my research, but I wanted more control over my lighting, thus buying the ones I did :D

Yeah I am looking forward to seeing yours Mark! I looked very heavily at the Maxspect LED's when I was doing my research, but I wanted more control over my lighting, thus buying the ones I did :D

I am totally in love with mine (I hope my wife isn't lurking). The sliding feature as I mentioned is just making me smile everytime I hover over my tank. I already am thinking of how it will facilitate top view photography, as well as cleaning. I keep thinking of more reasons I just love LEDs. No Heat! Blues! Weight, Sexiness, Lower to water, on an on.:cool:

Well I finally got around to getting my light rack suspended and as I thought from builing it initially, I used to thin of material.

In building the light rack, I used 1/16 thick angled aluminum. After getting this rack suspeneded, I now have a bow in the center. Luckily I have a wife that thinks like I do about getting things done right and she said that I should build another one out of Thicker material!!!! :D

So now I sit here thinking if I should go with 1/8 in thick or 1/4!!! I am leaning towards 1/4 so I dont have to build it again.

DSC_2139%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2140%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2141%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2142%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2143%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Jeff - I hope you didnt buy the controller yet. Wait a little bit and see some pics tonight.

Back