DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well I have started my LED build! I have all the LED's tinned, tested and glued onto the heat sinks. Now comes the task of wiring them :D

I will post some pictures along the way showing the progression. Of course there are no pictures showing of my soldering skills, you will just have to trust that I did it....LOL

Wow bud, I am glad you have gotten started!! I am very envious. I want to get mine started as well:)

Make sure to post some pics for me to Drool over..:)

Here yah go Shane! This is it for the night! Man this wiring is tedious!!!!

LED's Glued onto Heatsink
IMG_0068.jpg

1St String all Wired
IMG_0069.jpg

Should maybe we start a fund drive to collect some cash? I thought we could buy you some CHEEZE to go with your wine!!!!

Stop the belly aching and get back to the soldering. Man You guys and your crying about building some of the most state of the art lighting for your huge tanks filled with gorgeous corals, are just killing us that have to get by with the 70s tech lighting. LOL

Keep up the good work Bud!! Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Wow Jeff!! Your tank is coming along nicely and looks great. With your recent additions of ozone and new equipment things should be even more stable for you. Thanks for the updates. Look forward to seeing you at the photo workshop.

Very nice. Keep the pics coming Jeff. Just wait 'till you see how bright those are gonna be.

Should maybe we start a fund drive to collect some cash? I thought we could buy you some CHEEZE to go with your wine!!!!

Stop the belly aching and get back to the soldering. Man You guys and your crying about building some of the most state of the art lighting for your huge tanks filled with gorgeous corals, are just killing us that have to get by with the 70s tech lighting. LOL

Keep up the good work Bud!! Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

I really like a good cheese dave! When are you bringing it over?

Wow Jeff!! Your tank is coming along nicely and looks great. With your recent additions of ozone and new equipment things should be even more stable for you. Thanks for the updates. Look forward to seeing you at the photo workshop.

Thanks Duane, I am looking forward to the workshop as well.

Very nice. Keep the pics coming Jeff. Just wait 'till you see how bright those are gonna be.

Just testing all the leds had me seeing stars! :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wow brother, you have made some great progress!! I am sooo drooling over this:)

Keep posting more pics.. I am scheming over a way to make some quick cash....anyone want a 15 year old boy..lol

Way to go Bud! What a turn around in the past year for you and your Reeftank. Cannot wait to see it again soon my friend.

Cheers, Todd

Update:

I have finished all the interconnect wiring!:whoo:

Tomorrow if I have time, I will get the power wires hooked up to the fuses and resistors and tune the drivers. Otherwise I will do it on Saturday after I get back from TJL's (Todd) house with a built enclosure :)

Here are a couple of wiring shots.

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

SWEEEET! Nice job Jeff, going to be an awesome light fixture for your reeftank for sure.

Cheers, Todd

Very nice Jeff. Keep up the nice work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hey have you thought of possibly using your controller out of your pac suns for your dimming and control. We could remove it out of the units and install it on your new set up. Unless of course you are selling them to recover some of the cost.

I was just thinking that if you already have the blue tooth or wireless system and the program to run it, then it would be kind of cool to incorporate that into it, but if you already have the apex and the 10vdc variable speed module then sounds like you have it made

and with the apex variable drive module isn't it true that it will only control 4 drivers, if that is so you are looking at having to run two of them, from looking at your lighting it lloks as if you are running at least 6 drivers, that is if you are going parallel with them. So that would be 200 dollars in modules. When you already have the controller right there in front of you.

and with the apex variable drive module isn't it true that it will only control 4 drivers, if that is so you are looking at having to run two of them, from looking at your lighting it lloks as if you are running at least 6 drivers, that is if you are going parallel with them. So that would be 200 dollars in modules. When you already have the controller right there in front of you.

I will be able to Tie 3 drivers (Whites) to a single VDM Line and 3 (Blues) to the other. The max a single VDM line can handle is 6

Back