DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ok a bit more progress :D

I will be finishing up the wiring by Friday night and hope to have the lights up by the end of the weekend! It's been really busy lately and Friday night we are picking up a Greyhound that we are rescuing :)

Got the wiring fed to the top side of the heat sinks
IMG_0080.jpg

Fuses and resistors are mounted ( Liked Eric and Becca's Idea!)
IMG_0081.jpg

Enclosure all stained and sealed (Top)
IMG_0078.jpg

Enclosure (Bottom)
IMG_0079.jpg

New Addition to the family!
Spot.jpg

It is not Friday yet!!!
Congrats on the new family member. Now you know you cant feed him Brineshrimp. LOL

So you will be posting the new set up on Sunday??? Doors included????????????

Fuses and resistors are mounted ( Liked Eric and Becca's Idea!)
IMG_0081.jpg

But Jeff... Ours had the wires actually hooked up to something... :D JK buddy. Nice progress and we can't wait to see them lighting that tank of yours shortly. We may have to make a drive up to see it in person.

Getting there my friend, great job so far. Your going to love the look of these new lights on your tank.

Cheers, Todd

OK, Hows this Eric n Becca?

Of course someone dropped Murphy off at my house this morning and I have run out of Solder! LOL

Well I have an added pair of hands ( Tatz21) coming later this afternoon, so hopefully we'll be able to finish ALL of the wiring still needed to be done!

IMG_0083.jpg

You offically have our seal of approval. Also saw a pic of the newest member of your family. Congratulations

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No The Lights arn't over the tank yet! I am getting close and should be by Wednesday :p

A big thank you goes out to Floyd (Tatz21) who came over at noon and by 8 pm we had all of the wiring done on the enclosure (even though he kept throwing the tools under his feet so I couldnt find them!).

All that is left to do is mount the rails for the heat sinks, glue on 144 optic holders, finish the dimming from the terminal strip to the apex and test, and last but not least, remove the existing lighting, drill hols for the eye bolts and connect!

So without further ado, here are some pics!

Power going into back of enclosure
IMG_0086.jpg

Right side wiring
IMG_0087.jpg

Center wiring
IMG_0088.jpg

Left side wiring
IMG_0089.jpg

Not hung yet, what is going on here. Are you letting work come before your hobby again. JK Can't wait to see them up and running.

Back