DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Ryan! I was hoping I got a bigger piece with this order, But I am liking this layout everytime i look at it.

Thanks Sarang! I am still going to pick up some live rock, do you think if I left the base rock in the DT and put the live rock in the fuge that all would be good? I don't see any reason why LR wouldn't be a good idea in the fuge, IMO it would still provide what my tank would need. I could and probably will just seed the sand bed in the DT with s few cups of live sand from someone.

The reason why I don't like to have LR in the sump or fuge is because it just just traps detritus and more maintenace than I care for. That is just my lazy self though :lol::lol:

LR in the sump and fuge is good only if you're on top of the maintenance for it. I was on top of it at first for my fuge, then I lagged on the maintenance on it for a couple of months and it looked like I had a sand bed in my fuge that was half an inch thick due to all the detritus build up. I removed all my LR in the fuge because I'm lazy like Sarang.

This is all good information because I am starting my 180 build. I love the stand that was built and plan on doing the same. So I will be following along to watch the progress. I am currently in a 75gal all glass, and wanted to make turn it into my sump area

This is all good information because I am starting my 180 build. I love the stand that was built and plan on doing the same. So I will be following along to watch the progress. I am currently in a 75gal all glass, and wanted to make turn it into my sump area

Awesome Tatz!

I get over to the island every couple of weeks to buy dog food from Brian at Island Pet Center.

I have LR in my sump, and I thoroughly clean it every 3-4 months and while I am it, I do a 100 gallon WC.

I have LR in my sump, and I thoroughly clean it every 3-4 months and while I am it, I do a 100 gallon WC.

My fuge is going to have a DSB, so I will probably turkey baste the live rock that is in there to suspend anything.

Really not quite sure how I will go about maintaining the fuge to be honest as I want to be able to do some semi-automatic water changes as I will have to vacuum the sand in the DT every so often.

I have too much live rock in my system and would give you some chuncks if you'd like when you're set up and ready to roll.

I also have plenty of Macro too... 3 kinds!

I was just at ARSA and he had a lot of really nice looking rock... Very porus and lots of nooks and crannies for the pods to hide in.

I think I'm going to have to pull out all my rock and stack it on a piece of wood in front of the tank as I just can't get it to how I like it.

Can't wait to see what it's going to look like when you get it wet and turn on your lights!!!

Yeah Brian is a good guy, and has a good selection for being a general pet store. The people at Island Pet are always willing to give advice. Good people=Good store. Well when ever you are on the island let me know I would love to show off my build thread. I just picked up an ampmaster return pump for the build and ordered some grow LED lights panels for my refugium figure while I am doing the build I should take some time to plan it out. Any idea on how I would convert my 75g into my sump/refugium during this whole cycle. My biggest problem I am having, is how to move everything out of my 75 and have time to clean and prep the tank for baffling. I was also told that the sealant used has to cure for atleast 48 hours. Which means that I would have to tub my corals for atleast 2 days. I really need to think this through

Hey Jeff. Nice meeting ya today. I'm trying to talk my wife into those LED's as we speak.

Hey Jeff. Nice meeting ya today. I'm trying to talk my wife into those LED's as we speak.

Great Meeting you today as well Brett!

I was having such a good time showing Cy at Barrier Reef my LED's that I forgot to take pictures of it over his tank :lol:

Once the Boss/banker realizes the savings that the LED's will create, you'll have them in no time!!!! :D

Thanks for the offer Ryan! I will more than likely take you up on a few pieces :)

Hopefully I will have wet sometime this next week if not sooner, the tank and sump are supposed to be done this week! :D

I have too much live rock in my system and would give you some chuncks if you'd like when you're set up and ready to roll.

I also have plenty of Macro too... 3 kinds!

I was just at ARSA and he had a lot of really nice looking rock... Very porus and lots of nooks and crannies for the pods to hide in.

I think I'm going to have to pull out all my rock and stack it on a piece of wood in front of the tank as I just can't get it to how I like it.

Can't wait to see what it's going to look like when you get it wet and turn on your lights!!!

Yeah I have been picking Brian's brain for several years....LOL

I'd love to see your setup sometime, Maybe someone could offer to house your corals for a few days while you get the 75 all setup as a sump/refugium!

Yeah Brian is a good guy, and has a good selection for being a general pet store. The people at Island Pet are always willing to give advice. Good people=Good store. Well when ever you are on the island let me know I would love to show off my build thread. I just picked up an ampmaster return pump for the build and ordered some grow LED lights panels for my refugium figure while I am doing the build I should take some time to plan it out. Any idea on how I would convert my 75g into my sump/refugium during this whole cycle. My biggest problem I am having, is how to move everything out of my 75 and have time to clean and prep the tank for baffling. I was also told that the sealant used has to cure for atleast 48 hours. Which means that I would have to tub my corals for atleast 2 days. I really need to think this through

RODI unit is all installed now and working perfectly!

Tank, Sump and skimmer should be done this week! I am hoping to get it all plumbed by the weekend and get er wet!!!!

I am also hoping that my water storage tanks get here this week so I can get all of that plumbed and ready to go.

My QT is ready and I hope to have that Cycling by Thursday night, this way I will be right in line with the DT getting cycled.

Picking up tank and sump today! :D

Anyone want to come help plumb tomorrow? :)

Wish I could be I am finally flying home tomorrow (Saturday) and I better spend it with my wife... been gone three weeks! Post pics and I look forward to visiting you to see the masterpiece.

Back