DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks for the pics Jeff,
From hearing you talk about your tank, I get the picture of it being in not up to par in the saltwater world. But your pics have set me straight.
That is a tank many, many, I mean many of us reefers would give our left leg for.
What ever problems you are having dont show in the pics!!! LOL
I need to plan a road trip north, possibly when you get your LED DIY goodies, I can drag Eric up there and we can learn how to DIY LEDs.

Thanks dave and eric! I,d love to have you up!

Tank problems are pretty much in the past . Most of my future plans for the tank are to make it that much better.

Friends like you and eric are what makes this hobby of ours so rewarding.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Oooo diy led party!
I cant wait to start ordering stuff when i get back from vegas for next month. Hoping i can get them done by mid april.

Sent from my Evo Shift

Jeff, what a beautiful piece of the ocean you have there my friend. Wow!!!!!

I hope this New-Found inspiration in your creativity, Because that tank doesn't need a thing!! Just give it some love and let it Mature!!

Thanks for the great conversation today. It's threads like this and people like you who make this hobby so special..

Well After 2 Years of the Tank being up and running, I thought I would give it a present in the form of cabinet doors!!!!!!

Now all I need to do is stain them and put some polycrylic on them :D

IMG_0067.jpg

Thanks Everyone!

I have actually been contemplating of just sealing them and not staining! I personally like the two tone look, but if I were to do it, Shouldnt the upper Molding be natural color as well?

Jeff. It looks Great the way it is!! Just put a clear poly and roll with it. Remember the 80/20 rule. Enjoy the look of your tank and be VERY Proud of it!! :)

Cool Jeff,
It looks like you really do know how to read a tape measure!! LOL

Weather you stain them or not, I wouldnt leave the bare wood doors hange on there to long. They will suck up the moisture.

IMO I would stain either the face frames and leave the panels natural. Or the other way around. Either way you will have a 2 tone.

So now how are you going to know if your sump lite is on???? LOL

I like the two tone look..i would seal it and call it good and then sit back and enjoy your tank

:)

Back