Dons 125

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Don, I really like how your setup is looking. And boy, you really know how to pack some stuff under that stand!(LOL)

charlie said:
keep playin' Don, you'll get it sometime, and we get to see more pics of your tank. :lol: :lol:

Still trying to figure out how to take macro pics. I'm sure its just my photo skills but I did get a tripod, seems to help some.

Don

Ive added alot of automation to the tank. Its an ongoing project. As far as the tank itself goes its kind of in limbo. Just hanging out watching every thing grow. Here are the the optical top-off and water change float switches I revamped this afternoon.

Don

Wow Don, that is coming along nicely. It looks like it has come leaps and bounds since the last update only 3 months ago. It looks like those water changes have been worth all the effort huh? I love those huge clams too.

big t said:
Wow Don, that is coming along nicely. It looks like it has come leaps and bounds since the last update only 3 months ago. It looks like those water changes have been worth all the effort huh? I love those huge clams too.

Thanks Tom. I have become a fan of water changes. Sure makes the tank stable.

Don

Added a diy flow switch to the calcium reactor. If the feed plugs or the pump fails the co2 shuts down.

Don... uh excuse me.. but a picture of the final product, however so cool looking won't do. Might we have an insight on what is inside???

Kensn said:
Don... uh excuse me.. but a picture of the final product, however so cool looking won't do. Might we have an insight on what is inside???

Sorry Ken,

Just a float switch and a couple of caps. I cut a inside/outside rabbit on the lathe. If it shuts down the water drains out and the float falls. These work for any pump that drains back, like a return or skimmer.

Don

Wow I can't believe I've missed this thread. Looks great Don! Keep up the good work!

Brian

More automation. Ive add a dialer feature. Since I'm cheap this made adding the dialer very simple. Its nothing more than Radioshack wireless alarm system.
These sell for $99 and are totally unreliable as a home security system. The wireless sensors are garbage so thats where they went. The panel is very reliable, has a battery back-up and best of all 2 hardwired inputs.
After connecting the two inputs to the controller I set up the two zones.
Zone one is for power failures. Zone two is for all other problems that can wait till after work.
Most problems are being handled by the controller but it will be nice not to walk in on a surprise. If there were a power failure, I work close enough to run home and start the generator.
So far the only thing that wont be handled by the controller is back-up power this is the main reason for adding the dialer.

Don

Don I am impressed, one day I would like to mosey on over and check it out...

Back