Dons overflowing tank build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here is the beginning of the electrical system. The wiring that is there is all there is to the lighting. The cable is 12g 3 conductor. One cable is the power going in. The second cable is the halide stub and the black outlet is the fuge light power. The little black box is the timer that will run the halides for a preset time period and the reverse the photoperiod for the fuge.

Just a quick update on this project. The stand is almost done, just needs some finish. I made to many design changes and the weather has turned cold so the whole thing has to be hauled up to my heated shop for finishing. I'll post some pics as soon as its dry.

The tank itself has turned into a real pain. I ordered acrylic, it came in with a big gouge. I got more and decided I didnt want to take any chances so had it cut and diamond honed. Picked up the pieces and three of them were gouged. They happily got me some more and got them cut and honed, I picked them up and not a single piece was square. By now I'm pretty upset and the plastic supply place doesnt want to screw up another $400 worth of acrylic. Tonight I'm just picking up the sheet and will cut it myself and hone it by hand. I'm running our of time with this project with the holidays comming up.
I still need to replace the floor under my old tank and the drywall behind it before this can be filled with water. I had to stop the living room remodel at the tank, obviously it couldnt just be moved at will.
If I can get the temp to stabalize in my office 20 I'll start relocating my fish this week-end and clean up the old tank for its new owner. I'm sure my tangs are not going to be thrilled about living in a 20g aquarium.

Don

Last edited:
Its done, my camera died. I'll get a new camera after christmas. The only thing left is to make up my mind concening the light. The hello lights reflectors IMO are terrible. I may just live with them or I may build another light with either luminarcs or t-5's. Other than that it looks great and should get fish next month sometime.
I also need to order nicer glass for the doors. I ended up with water looking glass because I didnt want to wait 6 weeks for the rolled glass. After christmas I'll order the nicer doors. This is what I used that I'm not real thrilled with.

32188-01-200.jpg

This is closer to what I want.
Bendheim_00047.jpg

Back