double dome aquarium ideas please!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i don't know if its what you meant by use it, but... it would look extra awesome mounted as a 'porthole' in a wall between two rooms.. view from either side... maybe throw what looks like a ships wheel in, and stock it with seahorses...oops, guess i'm stocking it again..

thats all good, how its used and what its stocked with go hand in hand.

I heard I good one on face book of a single large sps colony show piece.

How the hell ya going to clean the algae off the domed part?
IMO the tank should be set up to view from both sides.
I like the water/sand fall theme you showed me some time back.
If ya want to try jellies I can mod the tank for no corners.

Do you really need another tank? LOL

it def says jelly fish, but that big bucks. a whole new system with massive filtration and chiller.

deserves to be view from both sides....except to sacrifice that for cool backlighting.

in wall it is 12 inches deep, so to have it flush on one side would mean its sticks out on the other. doable I agree!

thanks all, its opening up my mind!

for color changing light you can get led lightbulbs that screw into regular light sockets and they are controlled by remote. and they are super cheap($10). i like the idea of lighting from below.
2811550.jpg

2811550.jpg

for color changing light you can get led lightbulbs that screw into regular light sockets and they are controlled by remote. and they are super cheap($10). i like the idea of lighting from below.
2811550.jpg

View attachment 45030

if I were to use these from the bottom how many would you say I would need for 30x12 and to punch up through 30 inches? where did you buy it? thanks!

Really not getting the reference here tike.

is it funny? I LOVE funny, so do let me miss it! lol.

I'm so glad you asked. I figured it was an inside joke, but I'm totally on the side of funny. I never even care if its at my own expense, only care when I miss the joke!

Back