Down to two options

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

marlinmero

Marlin
It's me yet again. i just dont want to regret a purchase
My first light fixture option is a tek-5 with either a 6 bulb or 8 bulb fixture
My second option is http://www.fishneedit.com/2-x-150w-mhl-with-2-x-2bulbs-4ft-2150224.html
I wanted to get your opinions on the 2 lights. any experience you have had with em or anything in generalabout em. specially the ones from fishneedit.com
I have a 75 gallon with mostly softies and a few montipora's and a maxima clam. thinkin maybe later of gettin sum sps. i want to buy one fixture and be set. DOnt have the money to keep upgrading

Well, if you are considering mh lighting, forget the 150 watt systems.
Look at a minimum 175 watt to a 250 watt.

For the 75, the 6 bulb Tek5 will allow you to grow anything at all. I'm running that same fixture over our 75 and have LOTS of SPS and several clams. The 8 bulb unit will be too wide for your 75 and you'll be wasting light. IMO, down to about 25", T5HO, with individual reflectors is every bit as good as 250MH and far superior to 150MH.

Fishneedit lighting is fairly sub par.

"Well, if you are considering mh lighting, forget the 150 watt systems.
Look at a minimum 175 watt to a 250 watt. "

I agree !!!!!

You can get two by 250 watt MH an 4 56watt t5s for about $500 from fishneedit.com. i dont know how well the ballasts work but its a graet deal. im looking to get one for my 65 only in the 36".

Well i think i decide to go with t-5's. 500 is bout 100 more then i want to spend. and from everything i have heard 6bulb t5 will work great. so i might as well save sum money. Want to say thank you to EVERYONE for all your inputs and stuff. I appreciate it.

Back