• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fire Sale - Massive System, Equipment, Livestock Blowout

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i cheated and went yesterday. i had duty today and had been looking for a cool clam, so i went up and asked and they didnt turn my money away. sorry i couldnt help.

i can say though, the majority of the tanks are in a really small area, so if there are more than a couple people its going to be really tright. the main tank is in the lobby and plenty of room.

We are about 5 minutes out, will let you know what the crowd is like.

Update. Wow there is a line out the door. 20 people in front of us. Most fish already sold, mp40s gone.

Is it just terrible to keep wishing whoever gets the blue spot squammy isn't a member here, because I don't want to want to be reminded of 'what could have been'? lol

Hopefully the fish went to capable homes, at those prices I would be a little concerned. Congrats everyone that got something! Such a shame to see a system like that torn down.

The pygoplites diacanthus is doing very well so far. A regal that has already acclimated to captivity for $50 bucks was a steal. I was lucky enough to have a buddy snag it for me.

skimheavy,

nice...what size tank is it in?
you got pics? from the side view pic that cy posted it looked like it was an indo one...

thx

Yeah he's a white belly indo. My radions have already shifted to all blue for the day so I won't be able to get a good pic. Tomorrow when they are at 12k I'll snap a pic of him. He had some nipped fins when he arrived. I guess the naso, mandarin and sunburst anthias were all dead this morning. Sounds like I'm lucky all he appears to have suffered some nipped fins.

Here's the best I could do for tonight

image.jpg

skimheavy,

so I heard there was a malfunction with the holding tank? what happened? damn, this hurts knowing good fish are dead..

I'm not sure. My friend picked up the fish for me as I was tied up this morning. Sounds like things were kinda in disarray which is understandable when tearing down a system that large.

Ok..got the story

Pumps n heaters quit working last nite. .most livestock was dead

Matt

How is it doing..I heard most of the fishes didn't look good
I will he QTing it before it hit my DT

Ok..got the story

Pumps n heaters quit working last nite. .most livestock was dead

Bad enough to have to know this tank was being broken down, let alone the losses. That just really sucks. I'd like to take my comment about the sqammy back. I hope more than anything someone saved it from disaster.

Off to a good start over here. I soaked some reef chili, spectrum pellets and rods reef in brightwell aquatics angel elixir and he chowed down on it.

super great deals today. you guys should make a list of what is left. i asked many times to find out how much are the wavy seas. didn't get an answer. i know you guys were all over the place. thank you guys at barrier reef for making this sale happen. so what happens to all the stuff that no one bought.

Back