• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fire Sale - Massive System, Equipment, Livestock Blowout

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Got a daytime pic here. Almost in the exact same place as the first.

yse2yjut.jpg

Nice fish.
Good score.

nice size tank. i like the rimless tanks but will never buy one again. i had a 150 gallon rimless tank that blew out the front piece of glass and made a huge mess.

it was a home made glass tank. this was about 10 years ago. i just think rimless is way scary. rimless tanks look super nice.

Thanks! Hopefully he doesn't break bad and start eating coral.

He eating spectrum pellets alone so keeping him well fed should be easy.

might consider soaking the pellets in angelixir..my regal (and angels) love it..

I soaked the elixir yesterday. I wasn't sure if it's a large nitrate and phosphate source so I hadn't planned to do it daily. I can however if it's necessary for the health of the fish.

I had bought it for a moorish idol I had for sometime. It eventually started to enjoy the flavor of zoanthids, so it went to DBMreef and his 300.

angelixir provides the sponge requirement that angels need...I feed 3-4X a day, and one of the feedings I make sure I soak the food with angelixir.

I would be more concerned with soaking the pellets in selcon and zoe personally. Angelixir is great, but it is more of an attractant than a nutritional staple. If the fish is already eating, I would continue to feed the NLS and soak them in vitamin and amino acid supplements a few times a week. Many aquarists keep large angels long term (15+ years) by feeding a varied diet of fresh seafood, nori, and high quality dry, no sponge whatsoever.

Anyway, let's not get too offtopic. I want to see the picture of that black hybrid :) Sad I missed out on it!

Back