DYI 180 Preview

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Peppie

Found this jewel in the classified.
I am sitting here figuring out how I can modify this beautiful CFI custom to better fit my needs. I will be working with Jason on the mod to be sure to keep this 180 structurally sound.
The tank is 49'' X 39'' X 24'' This use to be Tysons256031 tank
I will be doing an in wall build.
I will be starting a new build thread in the near future.

20130112_154504.jpg

20130112_154512.jpg

20130112_154520.jpg

20130112_154530.jpg

20130112_154544.jpg

Dave, Congrats on the new Tank. I will be following your build thread once you begin. I am excited to see what your Creative mind will come up with!!

Is this one the one that you built the stand for? Or is it going to be another one? This looks great. Is your head spinning yet? I know you have some ideas flowing.

Is this one the one that you built the stand for? Or is it going to be another one? This looks great. Is your head spinning yet? I know you have some ideas flowing.

I built the stand to hold a 440 gal tank. Sorry to say that size tank will not happen. After much thought I decided something smaller would be much more practical.
My head has been spinning for about 6 days. Ty and I agreed on a price about a week ago.
My ideas for this large build have been flowing around in my head for well over a year now.
This tank will put me at least a year ahead of schedule.
There is still so much to do!!

Congrats Dave, love the dimensions on that tank. I will also be following along to see what you come up with my friend.

Cheers, Todd

Understand about the 440. I had bought a 448g tank stand canopy 2 skimmers 3 iwaki return pumps sump ro/di unit. I got it all cleaned up, filled it up, outside!, let it sit for a week. No leaks! Was excited!!! Brought it in the house on a wall that got no sunlight, stepped back, looked great. 2 days later, got home and saw the tank, still empty, and it smacked me in the face, "what am i thinking?", i ended up selling it for 1400. I only bought it for 600. Got my 215 in a raffle and cant be any happier!

Thanks for looking Todd, just a little tease for those of you that have followed my earlier builds.

Pandora! Wow I am not crazy, thinking that way.
Seriously it is good to know someone else has had the same experience

Dont it usually work for you? Everytime i "see" something in my head, i start to build it and by the time i get bout halfway through, looks like poo! Thats what happened with that cube i was trying to build...lol...in the trash now. Knowing your skills as a diy, i wouldnt worry!

Dont it usually work for you? Everytime i "see" something in my head, i start to build it and by the time i get bout halfway through, looks like poo! Thats what happened with that cube i was trying to build...lol...in the trash now. Knowing your skills as a diy, i wouldnt worry!

Having a detailed plan B is just as important as having a "Flawless plan A" LOL

Back