Ed's 60 G. Cube Set-up

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ravenjred

Hi everyone,
I am definitely new to the saltwater hobby and have been in the process of making my own stand for a 60 gallon cube tank. I have done research for the past year about saltwater and am ready to take the plunge. I will be doing the plumbing this coming weekend. I'm not sure if I like the aquascaping yet so any ideas, suggestions, help about anything and everything would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help and input.

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    34.1 KB
  • IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    20.5 KB
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    52.4 KB
Yes, that is the BRS Dry Rock. I also have the aragonite sand from them. Any idea how many inches 80 lbs. of sand will make in a 60 gallon cube?

are you using any bacteria additive to cycle your tank?

I don't plan on it. I won't be plumbing it till this weekend and then adding water. I am listening to my brothers advise. Heaves in KY. and has a big tank. He told me to put a table shrimp in and let it rot. That should start the cycle. We shall see. I'm excited.

I don't plan on it. I won't be plumbing it till this weekend and then adding water. I am listening to my brothers advise. Heaves in KY. and has a big tank. He told me to put a table shrimp in and let it rot. That should start the cycle. We shall see. I'm excited.

That is one way to do it, but I've seen a lot of people pretty happy with stuff like Dr. Tims bacteria additive.

Thanks. I would love to see pics of your tank if you can post them or tell me where they are. How many and what fish and corals do you have? I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi raven. Maybe add a lil sand and if u need more add.more...
Havent looked at ur pics yet. But usually I suggest a rock scape like a lagoon. A slope. Or an island. Ull wanna do an island. Bigger rocks and less are better if that makes sense. U can tape out a 24x4 square on the garage floor and play with it. Use drill and large zip ties to really form it up. Hths
d

Thanks everyone. Dailydirven: I love your build so far. I will be plumbing my tank this weekend hopefully. I still have to put the doors on my stand. What type of container is that you are using for your ATO reservoir? I have to find one that I can use still. I have the Tunze ATO controller. Also, how big of a container do I need for ATO? Thanks.

Thanks. I would love to see pics of your tank if you can post them or tell me where they are. How many and what fish and corals do you have? I look forward to hearing from you.

I have to get of my lazy butt and get some recent pics up! I am planning on a total redesign of the aquascape in the next month or two. I only have 2 fish in it at the moment, coral beauty and a small blue tang. I have sps, lps zoas in the tank currently.

Thanks everyone. Dailydirven: I love your build so far. I will be plumbing my tank this weekend hopefully. I still have to put the doors on my stand. What type of container is that you are using for your ATO reservoir? I have to find one that I can use still. I have the Tunze ATO controller. Also, how big of a container do I need for ATO? Thanks.

Thanks I picked it up in the camping isle at Walmart. Holds 6 gallons and will last me about a week. Wish I had more room for something larger. The Tunze ATO is the best for sure good choice.

Back