Finally!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DaBrowns

It's Alive....ALIVE:D

Not beautiful yet....but up and running...and not ver much stinkin room in the cabinet for ANYTHING except the 55. I could've planned it a little better...but for a virginal effort...I'll take it.

Feel free to comment but be gentle...between this and work I haven't slept in what feels like days.

looks good and the MOD is right it will clear up in no time. let see more pics!

hopefully this weekend we are adding the rock and buying the lights. Our LFS guy who happens to be a RF staffer is suggesting this stuff that has alot of tiny holes and "see-throughs" when held up to light...he says we could use about half of the usual lbs (1 per gallon) and get pretty good coverage and filtration. I wish I could remember what it's called but I will post more pics as each stage progresses.

Right now we're happy it's running and not leaking...did I mention that I hate plumbing!!

It makes me look like this:mad: and this:confused: and my wife does this:eek: quite often until the tank runs for about a month or so

LOL!! Well, you'll be happy with the end result so no worries...It's always worth it in the end when you have a beatiful tank running smoothly infront of you:)

Can't tell, but is that a submerged pump in the sump? If so, make sure you can get it out. You will want to remove it every 6-12 months for cleaning.

Also, can't tell what else is in the sump, but make sure you can remove things for maintenance easily. If it is too hard to do, you won't do it (maintenance), until after the component fails.

I also have everything in my stand under the tank, and the skimmer pump is especially a pain to get at.

hopefully this weekend we are adding the rock and buying the lights. Our LFS guy who happens to be a RF staffer is suggesting this stuff that has alot of tiny holes and "see-throughs" when held up to light...he says we could use about half of the usual lbs (1 per gallon) and get pretty good coverage and filtration. I wish I could remember what it's called but I will post more pics as each stage progresses.

Right now we're happy it's running and not leaking...did I mention that I hate plumbing!!

It makes me look like this:mad: and this:confused: and my wife does this:eek: quite often until the tank runs for about a month or so

hehehe

If you're working with Kevin, you are in good hands! I have heard nothing but awesome things both from him, and about him! I'm sure you'll get some great rock for your tank, and be very happy! :D

Lights...Rock...and...action!...almost

Here are some new pics after adding the rock and lights. The rock was built up blindly as the water was quite milky when we put them in...but we think it's a good first effort none the less. Some VERY tense moments while searching for studs in a 60yr old plaster ceiling...and while hanging the fixture...those Current USA suckers sure are heavy.

90 gallon mixed reef (2 250 watt 20 k MH, 20 gallon long fuge)
24 gallon aquapod with brazilian reidi extra large seahorse's
24 gallon aquapod nano (70 watt 14 k MH)
125 FOWLR (dubbed the QT tank) for now at least!
55 gallon halfway torn down reef
36 gallon freshwater bowfront

And I live in a apartment OOOOPS

Cool signature Larry!!! I assume you are not married:p

lol I figured it was time to list the tank sizes. I was trying to add a RF pic to it but im a idiot when it come to that.

Back