First Storm of the Year (PNW)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jan,

This evening (after 5:30pm) or tomorrow is fine with me. I can answer all your questions you may have.

I will PM you my address.

Kirk

We lost power for 1.5 hours. It was just long enough to wonder if I should fire up the gas generator. I feel very lucky about that. I was in the final stages of tank planning with most gear purchased when the Dec storm hit. After seeing the hits people were taking a generator became mandatory before water hit the tank. I just hope when I need it the thing will work.

Kris,

Thanks.

So when you coming up to take a look at the tank??? LOL..

Soon Kirk, soon. I definately want to see your set-up as I get serious about planning my bigger one. By chance are you going to the PSAS meeting today? I am planning on going.

On another note, I finally am home from Canada, eh. The power was out here at home for about 34 hours. My husband and son did an awesome job of not only keeping the three systems alive during the outage, but also maintaining a QT in hypo for my anthius all week (water changes, testing, daily top offs, etc). I really appreciate their efforts, I know these tanks are a lot of work and maintaining them through a long power outage is even tougher.

Only one causulty, after the power came back on, my son accounted for all the livestock (he says all was well) then noticed a few hours later one of my pistol shrimps was pulling one of the cleaner shrimp into his lair:(. Not sure if the pistol shrimp killed it or what, but suspect that is the case because I believe cleaner shrimp are one of the natural prey of the pistol shrimp and I had been aware that might happen and the dead shrimp was the one that had decided a few weeks ago that his new hang-out was right next to the pistol shrimp lair!

If anyone cares and is too lazy to go to HD and hunt for the $100 Gen. Trans. Don was reffering to. I found this online for $164 after shipping. I was notified by UPS within two hours that is was on its way. It also comes with step by step installation instructions that a monkey could do provided its brave enough to stick its hands into the main house panel.

http://www.arcadvisor.com/generator_transfer_switch.html?gclid=CMqrhv-Nm48CFS***AodF2QhlA

Kris,

Yes. I am planning on going to the meeting tonight. Look forward to meeting you.

Kirk

Back