fluval fx5 ....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

shelbyguy

so the tank is up and running flawlessly.

other than 1 thing that is bugging the he@# out of me.

when the pump/filter is running theres minature lillte air bubbles coming from the outlet.

when we got the tank up and ready to go the pump wouldnt run, removed the motor cleaned the impeller and ran like a champ.

there is no media in the center baskets, but their is the sponge filters on the outside of the baskets.

anyone had similar issues?

thanks in advance

Not familiar with the FX5, but when you are dealing with anything that has tubing, sometimes you have to wait till the tubing slimes up a bit to get rid of microbubbles. This is the same problem some people have with closed loop systems...Plumbing needs a bit of sliming up. Another problem could be air trapped in the canister. Maybe try re-priming it. I know with a magnum canister filter I once had, I'd have to turn it on, then shut it off and wait a bit and repeat that again to get out all of the air.

Just tossing out a few ideas. :)

wow....WABlonde....wow....that was amazing. It actually slipped over my head for a second there.

I had a fluval 404 that I used for circulation (no media) when I first switched from FW to SW. Nothing but a detris trap and nightmare trying to control nitrates and phosphates. Got rid of the fluval and bought a refugium for under then stand. Stopped a lot of problems.

i have a 2 fx5 on my turtle tank.....i know when to clean the filters when the output shoots out micro bubbles into my tank.

also these pumps are self priming and remove the air bubles from the system when first starting up. you will notice that it will run for about 2 mins then shut off releasing bubbles into the tank. during normal operation i notice at least once a day my pumps will turn them selves off and restart after a few mins kinda a self cleaning. got this info from the website

Last edited:
Back