Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow, a lot has happened since i last posted here.
Quick update: I lost the anemone, ( it happens) and i added a few corals and a new little clam. I had a ca++ reactor made by a local guy and he did an awesome job on it. here are a few pictures.

the big clam is a nice addition. and your sun corals are stunning - congrats on maintaining such a beautiful setup!

Is that a blue turaki on the right hand side of the right rock mound about mid way up?

I see by your light reflection that you have the newer lumen arc round reflector. How do you like them?

Where is a picture of your lighting in action?

Last edited:
Time for an update. Here are some pictures of the tank top down.
000_2295_editedSmall.jpg

000_2292_editedSmall.jpg

000_2281_editedSmall.jpg

000_2280_editedSmall.jpg

000_2279_editedSmall.jpg

000_2278_editedSmall.jpg

000_2277_editedSmall.jpg

000_2276_editedSmall.jpg

000_2275_editedSmall.jpg

000_2273_editedSmall.jpg

000_2272_editedSmall.jpg

000_2271_editedSmall.jpg

Funny how you can add all of the extra room, shelves draws etc & still never have enough room! Looks like you finished up the wood work, now I guess I need to do mine!:p

Nice work, organized ciaos!

I still have a ways to go on the wood work. the cabinet doors, bottom kick, and two sides are not finished yet.
Most of the stuff i have is junk that needs to be tossed or empties that need to be refilled. The cabinet does make it easier to deal with the wife though ;)

Well it's been a while since I updated this thread so I will load you all down with some pictures of what I have been up too.
I tore out the refugium from underneath the tank and piped everything out into the garage. I built a new skimmer (copied the Barr ultra) and built a new dual chamber Ca++ reactor. I have also gone zeovit. I am on month one so far so not much to say on it other then the polyp extension has improved a lot and the corals seem to be changing to better colors. Not to sure if that is the zeo yet though or the Radium's I have changed over too. I also recently built a water changing station to make water changes easier since I need to do weekly now using zeo. I changed over to Reefers Best Salt also.
Enough blabber, here's some pictures :)
000_2536_editedMedium.jpg

000_2538_editedMedium.jpg

000_2265_edited.jpg

000_2441_editedSmall.jpg

000_2447_editedMedium.jpg

Waterchangesystem012.jpg

Back