Getting algae off acrylic

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I use a magnet with some special pads. Check out there web site for the info. I have been extremely happy with there product and it would be the last magnet you will buy. Much better than the shark or hammerhead magnets. these use velco to secure the pads and felt so they are easily replaced. also they have a coraline remover pad that is just awesome. it will remove the stubbornest of coraline. And they are acrylic safe. if you were closer I could show you mine.

http://www.mightymagnets.com/

Great info. Thanks everybody. I have the next two days off, and will be cleaning the tank.

Yeah but you can't use those under water right?

just make sure you are getting the ones without any added cleaners. I've had them in my tank and nothing has noticed. If I can find some big enough, I'd love to try it with my mag-cleaner.

Take a sharp knife and cut them down...about half the thickness out of the box. You can then use a magfloat to move it about the tank...works wonders on cleaning the acrylic and it will work to polish out small scratches over time.

i use a razor blade and it works great. as long as your careful and dont slide it sideways, it removes everything really quick. plus they are cheap and you can get them at the grocery store.

Back