Glass Supply in Bothell/Seattle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Inconservatory

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to buy sheets of glass. I'm looking for a few pieces for my makeshift sump, but it seems like everyone out here is open while I'm at work. Mc Lendon's, down in Woodinville sounds like a plausible option, but would there be any other avenues you have tried and would recommend?

Thanks! :)

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to buy sheets of glass. I'm looking for a few pieces for my makeshift sump, but it seems like everyone out here is open while I'm at work. Mc Lendon's, down in Woodinville sounds like a plausible option, but would there be any other avenues you have tried and would recommend?

Thanks! :)

Google or the yellow pages is a good resource to find local glass shops. I found a dozen or so places when I needed a new .5'' 6'x3' sheet of glass to repair my 270g. The prices varies greatly from 10%-50% so make some calls.

Thanks. I checked some search engines including Dex, Google, and some shady 3rd party venues. With so much variety in service, I felt it would be safest to see if there is anyone who has had success in finding a competent company to whom I could funnel my funds. Suggestions? :)

Thanks. I checked some search engines including Dex, Google, and some shady 3rd party venues. With so much variety in service, I felt it would be safest to see if there is anyone who has had success in finding a competent company to whom I could funnel my funds. Suggestions? :)

I made so many calls I can't remember who I called. I ended up going with a guy in Tacoma. He was about 10% more than the cheapest place but he delivered it to me free of charge.

What size glass are you looking for? If you are just looking for small pieces for baffles for your sump. I would check out Valley Glass in Kent. Reasonable price for smaller pieces.

Last edited:
Sunset Glass in Bellevue has done well for me in the past. Good luck!
D

I vote for Sunset also. I had them drill my 6 50 gallon tanks and my 125 gallon tank. Perfect holes! I also bought some sump glass from them and everything was cut beautifully.

Thanks Erik

Sunset glass also cost twice as much as Valley Glass in Kent for the same glass. Sunset was actually one of the more expensive places I called.

Thanks for the suggestions in here! I'll call them up and find some good comparisons.

For those with the same predicament, Mc Lendon's doesn't have any tempered glass in stock at this point, which may be something to consider when looking around.

There was a gas supply place in Totem Lake I worked with when considering building a fish tank. They were very helpful and had pretty good prices. I forget the name but you can google. They will cut to size and prepare edges for a reasonable rate.
-chris

I ended up going with Valley Glass. It cost about $40 for four pieces of glass (12x16, 12x4, 12x4, and 12x16). Some of the edges weren't completely straight, curving a little at the middle. It's a good thing I didn't need four perfectly straight edges! Otherwise, I don't have much experience with this stuff, but it was an easy order with friendly service. :)

Dang... thats pretty pricy especially if the pieces werent cut perfectly... I'm trying to get a 13" cube but it looks like i'll just have to go with a 12" cube from mr aqua

Back