Got a New Gold Flake Angel.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

myerst22

I got a new Gold Flake Angel. I was concerned my emperor was going to give it a hard time but it didn't even look at it twice. The PBT on the other hand didn't like the new angel so much and gave him a hard time for about an hour. The new angel ate immediatly after being added to the tank and eats anything I put in the tank. So much for Gold Flakes being shy. Thanks Les from Wet Pets Hawaii for a very well conditioned fish!!! It took my Christmas Island emperor 2-3 weeks to feed like this fish on its first day. Let me know what you think? Regards, Tim

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

myerst22,

How big is your tank??

nice looking fish. I am also very impressed by how healthy your Powder Blue looks. Did you QT it before you placed it in the main tank??

Kirk

love those goldflakes - he/she looks like a beauty too!

on an unrelated note, what type of fish do you have at the very top of this photo? (orange with yellowy spots)? don't think I've ever seen one like that before. some sort of anthias maybe???

IMG_3773.jpg

Thank you Tim for your continued business and refferals....my family and I appreciate your business....you have some of the nicest fish in your tank and I can tell that you take great care of all your fish.....it shows....keep up the good work buddy!!!

Les@WPH

Thank you all for the praise the PBT was quarantined. The PBT actually got a spot or two of ich when I first put him but disappeared in a day. About every 2 weeks it will get one spot and then just disappear within hours. I actually read a very well known fish and reefkeeper Anthony Calfo had this happen in his reef tank. I think ich is always present in the tank it's whether the fish can fight it off. Like humans fighting off a cold.
The orange fish is a Deepwater Japanese Anthias Holanthias Borbonius, though the ones that are around nowI heard are coming from Indonesia. Thanks Les for another great fish. I'll try and get some better pictures. Regards, Tim

Back