Great T5 Fixture Deal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reef Monkey

Not sure where this would go but I found a post on another forum about a deal on T5 fixtures. Anyway here is the post and link to the deal. Thought that someone might be able to take advantage.

For anyone looking to get some cheap & efficient lighting for a prop tank...or display. They have them in 2' * 3' as well.

http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=1716

Last edited:
I just ordered these! so stoked now, fish are gonna be shocked so now have to read how to acclimate those guys and all my little corals! I'm going from 65x4 bulbs c/f to this! t5 8 bulb. any suggestions i'd appreciate. this will be a bit big on the tank but this spring am going from 55 to 90gallon so will fit that perfectly. woohoo! Thanks ReefMonkey!!!

I ordered a 24" unit yesterday. 4 bulbs with individual reflectors for $100. Awesome deal. Thanks for posting this.

I'm glad some of you guys were able to take advantage of this. It's just something I ran across and I wanted to make sure I shared it with everyone here. You'll have to post pics of your tank before the lights and then after so we can all see the difference.

I am ordering the 24" as soon as I talk to the boss" Girlfriend" hopefully tonight. I was going to go with a 2 bulb but this price is alot better.

seneca, tons of people have ordered from there. There pc's and t5's are decent, they work fine but there t5's don't have individual reflectors which is what you want when going t5. There mh's have bad ballasts that only fire the 250w bulb's at 150w. So you need to replace the ballasts imo. HTH

How many power cords do the hello lights have? I have one of the other units with 4 power switches and one power cord... (the one aquatraders is selling)

I have heard from sam at sunlight supply that these are crappy chinese TEK knockoffs.....anyone have one yet? i just ordered two but now an worried I just bought garbage....*sigh*......

I have heard from sam at sunlight supply that these are crappy chinese TEK knockoffs.....anyone have one yet? i just ordered two but now an worried I just bought garbage....*sigh*......

Crabs remember that Sam does sell Tek Lights for a livin. He will be a little bit biased. But for 1/4 or more of the price you cant complain. Later Ryan

price went up on these.....125 for the 2ft and 150 and 175 for the 4 ft depending on 4 or 8 bulb config.

just got mine yesterday. I want to DIY both fixtures into a hood minus the housings and run all 8 bulbs off an icecap660. any ideas?

I ordered the 24" this morning. I had put it in my cart the other day, so I was able to get the $100 price.

nice snag. I am not too sure about these but for the price what the heck. it states aluminum reflectors on the website but they dont look quite right to me. almost like plastic with a shiny mirror coating. but they will work for my needs and I can get away from the heat of my MH.

Back