Greetings from South Africa

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dallasgoldswain

Hi All!

look forward to being apart of this forum! I have been reef keeping for 20 odd years, and a big fan of keeping things simple and enjoying my tank! Over the years i have tried everything, Berlin Method, DSB's, Zeovit and NeoZeo and while all have worked, i am a huge fan of simplicity so i stick to the Berlin method. I am also lucky enough to be involved in this industry , as i have had a aquarium maintenance and building company which i am reviving and also involved with a wonderful product that is currently launching in Canada and USA :)

i have just taken down my old tank of 3 years to build myself a 400g 3-in-1 tank , 2500x1000x600mm divided into 3 sections for my ponies, reef and predators. i will start a thread of the build as i get started this week or next :)

being from South Africa, its a pleasure to read these great build threads as things here are scarce and over-priced

i look forward to many threads and meeting some of you when i am at Macna2013

-Dallas-

Welcome to the site! Lots of knowledgeable folks on here. Look forward to seeing your build.

Thanks pandora32 but I am not sure I can on the site, would hate to break the rules :)

you can pm me

Thank you for your consideration.

And welcome to Reef Frontiers.
Looking forward to your build. It will be cool to see how you're designing and building it with three sections.

Welcome to RF:cool:. Nice area that your from I have several close friends from that region. Look forward to your write ups and pictures.

the tank is divided into 3
section 1 400x1000x600 for my H.reidi ponies, i have 10, and 8 pipe fish
section 2 1600x1000x600 will be a sps, lps reef, i love inverts so will have my 20 shrimps, cleaners, peppermint, fire cracker and my pistol shrimp as for fish, i have a large blonde naso, convict tang, koran angel, foxface and blue spot gobies, but i am looking at adding wrasses and schooling fish, maybe yellow tangs
section 3 500x1000x600 will be for my predator section, here i plan to keep soft corals and clown trigger

Thats going to look cool! Walking from 1 side to the other seeing community fish in one section to snails crabs and shrimp in another to some fish that will eat yoir coral as well as the other livestock in the same tank.

here is a design that i am working on

i am using a slim overflow in the tank, been using this on all my tanks, sleek and doesnt take up space
then on the outside with have a modified beananimal overflow

here is a pic from my old tank
user209326_pic38764_1326703044.jpg

here are my new designs
megatnk.jpg

megatnk2.jpg

Very cool plans/design, really looking forward to seeing your progress on this. Also welcome aboard Reef Frontiers, always enjoy learning what it's like Reefkeeping around the Globe,

Cheers, Todd

here is a design that i am working on

i am using a slim overflow in the tank, been using this on all my tanks, sleek and doesnt take up space
then on the outside with have a modified beananimal overflow

here is a pic from my old tank
user209326_pic38764_1326703044.jpg

here are my new designs
megatnk.jpg

megatnk2.jpg

Very interesting, You need to start a Build Thread so us Freaks can follow your build and ask why you have done things in the not so normal way.
I noticed you have a couple of holes in the divider walls, I assume they are to keep the water level in the tank(as a whole) at the same height.
How do you plan to divide the return water from the sump equally to each independent section?

Back