Hello from St Helens

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kknight

Hello all; I have been lurking on your site for a couple years, so thought I should finally check in and say hi :wave:We gave a 55 gallon mixed reef that is 2 years old and a 29 gallon bio cube. No need to show pictures because CFI is making us a new bigger and better tank and all will be combined . Maybe Jason will show some pic soon :whistle:. I have learned a lot of information on this forum ,so thank you all Karen

Well welcome to reeffrontiers, or actually, glad to hear from you after all these years! LOL...And congrats on the upgrade. Looking forward to seeing the new one. How big is it?

It will be 72x30x22. We're very excited and Very nervous . I will start a tank thread when I get more pic. If I can not sure how the post count works ?

That should be a real nice foot print to work with. Thanks for speaking up and please do share your tanks with us.

Hello Karen

Don't be so bashful, your 55 is a stunning tank and definatly worth sharing. You have done great things with it.

I am really looking forward to your next build. It is going to be an amazing build :)

Last edited:
Hey karen! Welcome to the site now.
Btw post it up. We will try and help u make it better. Even if its better than ours! Lol
No one does sw excactly the same. Glad u spoke up too. The more the marrier!
-d

Thank you all for the greetings ! As per requests here is some pic of the current tank It has t5 lighting 20 gallon Aquarion sump with calcium reactor, Aqura c skimmer, littlefishes GRO reactor and run carbon in a mesh bag, also of course rubble and cheato. It has been my baby for 2years and wait for it to grow bigger ! And yes my BTA is bleaching and I have no clue why ? The ATI bulbs were replaced in Feb

A local reefer also suggest that . I gave it some frozen squid last night , and I'll get some fresh shrimp today. Safeway doesn't look at me funny any more when I ask for 3 shrimp to feed all my critters LOL

A local reefer also suggest that . I gave it some frozen squid last night , and I'll get some fresh shrimp today. Safeway doesn't look at me funny any more when I ask for 3 shrimp to feed all my critters LOL
Takes a second but the fish counter starts to know us by name. Your tank is looking super amazing. Can't wait to see what you do w/ the next system.

What's your temp dear, and how long has it been bleaching? since you replaced the bulbs?

Bulbs replaced in Feb. The temp has been a little high, When the weather was a little cold, temp was at 80 kind of high for winter, when weather got warmer temp went to 85. Heater was malfunctioning so it is now unplugged, that was about 7 days ago. Bleaching I noticed about a month ago

Bulbs replaced in Feb. The temp has been a little high, When the weather was a little cold, temp was at 80 kind of high for winter, when weather got warmer temp went to 85. Heater was malfunctioning so it is now unplugged, that was about 7 days ago. Bleaching I noticed about a month ago

It could be light shock from new bulbs. Temp would defiantly be a problem. PH number? what's the temp at without the heater? My guess (not an expert, but I aiming to be) is that between new bulbs, (were they all replaced at once?) and temp swings you have found the problem. New bulbs could of started the bleaching and than the temp swings are making it worse. If it's not eating, I assume that would be an effort to reserve energy so it can heal, as eating is a double edge sword. Got to spend it to get it, and is what it gets more than what it's putting out to eat the meal.

Back