hello my anemones keep killing themselfs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ribbetribbet

hello everyone i only joined a few days ago to this site and it is great to talk to othere people about my tank most people just look at it and say things like, looks great but it is nice to talk to people that have their oun tank with salt water fish and corals my tank is about 800L or 210 galoons, i've had this tank up and running for about two years and have only made 3 water changes of 200L each time and my system took me 8 months to plan and build before water was added and fish and coral moved from my 3 foot tank.
i have a little problem with keeping anemones because i have 8 holes drilled in to the base for my in line pumps and for same reson they live covering them over but when the timer turns on they get sucked in and die ,once i had a pieces brack of and when i cleaned out my canister filtur it was living in their.
i have killed 2 this way since then i have tried flyscreen around the in and out lets of the in line pumps. do you all think that i can try a anther anemone or is there a nother reason why they like my in and out lets.Ps sorry about my speiling but you get that!.

Hey ribbet great to see you jump onboard!!!. now you know we need to see some pictures of your tank right????

Tough luck on the anenomes, you might want to concider the use of a harder material for them to get past and make it farther away from the inlet to keep them away. I am not sure if you have access to a product called eggcrate but if so I would suggest using it around the inlet and then maybe hiding it by putting some Live rock around it for better looks.

Mike

Well they may like the nice dark hole to bury or hide thier foot in. Try like Mike said, or get some strainer cones for pump inlets to disperse the inlet flow area so the anenome can not cover the inlet. Hook us up with some pics of your tank. That would be great. Glad you are here. Steve

i took pic's of my tank and fish and what i have in coral (3 pieces) for you all to look at, today but i have to play with the size they won't post them the file size is to big but i'll fix that, or should i say my beter half while. lol hoping that i can post them in a few days. it's not mush to look up in the way of coral i had troble finding nice piecse at Xmas and i haven't had time to do a 2 day window shop but their are so may diffent shops but it's finding the bite thats right for you tank colour and sizeand speices.

i uploaded more pic's showing my sumps and pump. but i need to find a better way of taking photos they all like really dark and don't show much.

Back