hello

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

helloooooooo Mark and :welcome:. I've never actually led a support group, but I did think about staying at a holiday inn last night. :)
Admitting the problem is the first step. We'll need a little more detail about your tank (and pictures) before we can enable you properly.. LOL

Since you should always quarantine new fish, I will start with my Qt tank. I have a 135 Qt/hospital tank. Dimension 72x18x24 (LxWxH). Filters : Del Rey 240 wet/dry (bio-balls), Topfin hob,Fluvial 404, Terminator II protein skimmer. I have regretted skipping this practice too many times!

What do you mean admitting we have a problem. I have a saltwater addiction too. I dont have a problem with that! lol!

Welcome to RF Mark.
yeah, that is a big QT. So that must mean the DT is even bigger.

Cant wait to see it.

I have multiple aquariums. My biggest that is set up is a 240 acrylic. It is 8'x2'x2'. I have a 300 that needs to be refinished & will probalby be some time before I get around to it.

2014-01-18 09.46.09.jpg
hopefully this shows a picture.

You can show the image inline by placing it within image tags.
Either click the button for insert image, or use the tags like this (replacing the parenthesis with brakets ( to [ and ) to ] )
(IMG) image url (/IMG)

Is that a HOB overflow?

attachment.php

I have looked at reef frontiers site many times in the past. Even if I couldn't respond to classifieds, I enjoy browsing them. Unable to view them, it became time to join.

Yes its an eshopps overflow. I have multiple. I really don't turn lights on much, so this tank doesn't get much algae. I haven't had any problems other than breaking the cheap bulkheads when I initially installed it.

I've always been 'afraid' of them. How many power outages have you survived with them?

Eshopps start back up great. Never had issues with start up. The overflow tube does get an algae buildup. When water levels start to rise in your tank, its time to clean. Its a gradual thing so you have plenty of warning time.

Crazy to think you have that many gallons of tanks lol. I would say the addiction will only get worse...

Back