Help building a 60gl system

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well u can kind of aim it but not really. there is no wire but on the out side of the tank.

I am thinking about a closed loop for added flow. How do you think closed loop would compare to the vortex? I was looking that them and there a little expansive.

I dk about closed loop too much. but i like the vortex cause if i dont like the way the flow is i can add another power head. or just move them around till i find a spot where i like it. Im sure that someone here knows about closed looped systems.

I want another vortech I have a mp10es and I'd like to get another to link them together. They are very fun.

I am thinking about a closed loop for added flow. How do you think closed loop would compare to the vortex? I was looking that them and there a little expansive.

well depends on how far you are willing to go with the closed loop quality pump could be 100-300 dollars bulk heads and plumbing also drilling that can be another 100-200 then if you want to go with oceansmotions lol not sure what these go for I would guess 150-400 as i see some for sale in local sites used for 150-300 depending on set up when all said and done another vortex would be cheaper and less maintence.

I like my closed loop easy to drill acrylic over glass and mine is on the back wal not down on the floor like most easier for me to maintain....
cost to run a closed loop more as electricity for the bigger pump. for the same flow you will get with a vortex.

vortex cost high but still cheaper then closed loop IMO up front and in the long run if going new and I would recommend going knew with plumbing bulkheads and a pump. or new/used with in 6 months from someone you trust. used pump could last a week or 3 years 150 for a used pump to last a week would piss me off as it is not like you can return it.

I agree with you lvsucker. I do like the vortex though alot of go with very little space.

cost wise the power heads will be better IMO easy to hide also lol I am planning on 2 for my next build. I love my tunzes but they are big compaired to the vortex the only thing I am worried about is seinding them back when something goes wrong with them. only one will have you flow less until it is returned not sure if the newer models are manufactured better then the 1st or 2nd gen powerheads.

heres some new pics of the tank.

164089_10150362500000187_600915186_16578586_6740516_n.jpg

165218_10150362508005187_600915186_16578691_4970835_n.jpg

Back