Help, just picked up the 90 reef ready last night and want to do this job yesterday!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wentreefgirl

Salt waterlogged!!
Ive put my photobucket link here. The first 7 or so shots will have the tank in it. Now I need a simple plumbing idea. I want closed loop but I want it to be very simple. All bulkheads drilled in the bottom. You shall see by diagram and pics. Should i just plump the water back into the 3 holes with pipe going inside the tank for water movement or should i attatch those to closed loop and up the back, over the top to inside. I have one gx summersable 8,500 pump which give 2,450 gph. Any help would be appreciated.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v298/wentreefgirl/Tank pics/?sc=1

Hiya Wentfreefgirl. Man that is a weird one, but I think we can make it work. What I was thinking would be to make the hole that is the closest to the back of the tank the CL pump intake line and then blow the water back through the other two holes that are closer to the front. This would mean that you should do your rock scaping to conseal this in tank plumbing and then have the outputs coming just a little bit outside of the rock work to provide the closed loop flow.

If thier was a problem down the line it would be a bit of a job to fix it, but since the tank is already drilled you might as well take advantage of it. Let me know

Mike

Ok first pic is of a top down look, just something so you can se where the flow is going to go after its plumbed. the hole closet to the back of the tank will be the input of the cl pump, the other two holes are for the cl returns.

karenwtopdown.jpg

Mike

Ok looking good so far. Now,

What will i need to do this job. As in plumbing. I bought 1 inch pvc and 1 1/4 pvc today. Ill need to have some sort of list of what I need to buy and perhaps a drawing of how it should look say a side view so i can see how to put it together.Each bulkhead from the bottom has a ball valve attatched to it and then a male nipple? For heavens why i dont know. And some already put together stuff that sort of look like the piping that would go to a closed loop. I will take pic soon. Have to charge the battery. Got my seio 12oo today also. But havent opened it.

Ok here is kind of a view looking through the front of the tank. We will adjust the height based of how deep the sand is going to be on the bottom. Basically its going to be a BH through the tank, then a threaded male adapter, then a tee facing up and down with the third output face a horizontal and then finally another tee horizontal, with two outputs facing different directions.

karanwside.jpg

Mike

Back