Help-RBTA's out of control!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hi Elmo, that's right, I got two from you by way of Mike a little over 12 months ago, I know now why Mike needed to get rid of a few, once you get them breeding they just go nuts, have you had the same experience with all the ones you got?

And Joker, I think they need a certain minimal amount of light, but from my experience I would say optimal water quality is most important for them to thrive and breed (split that is) and develop what we would consider the best color, some folks seem to think that stress will cause them to split, IMHO I would respectfully disagree, I do frequent water changes, I don't think that is a stress, It is part of why my nitrates stay low etc, I think if they are happy they do their thing, but what do I know, I've only been doing this 30 years ;=))....

Well it just seems to be and some others on here that nitrates are the issue, they are currently at 20 and that's why i'm ordering a recirculating skimmer. I couldn't see light being the main issue because in your 2x96 PC tank I only had 1 watt less per gallon than you and my tank is smaller.

I'll have no problem trading them off, I just don't want to try to get them off the rocks etc until I have a tank to work with, the hodge podge I've got now is a jammed up disgrace. My issue isn't finding homes for them, that will be no problem, in spite of my whining I really do love them, they are beautiful and bulletproof, I just want to figure some way to contain them, my new tank will be 36" deep, access will be a pain, I'll have to go swimming if I need to round up any RBTA's, they really can wreak havoc with most sps and lps, they can even burn some softies, I recently had to move a yellow leather and a toadstool...

32$...i've checked lol, maybe I could get a bundle, like corals + RBTA, i'd only want a small one as it'd be for my 29 gallon biocube, and then when it splits i'd take it in for credit!

Back